What's new

Showcase

Latest reviews

• Fendrihan MK II Full Stainless Razor
    4.00 star(s)
    Great razor for a new or experienced wetshaver
    I bought this razor back in 2017 (now 2024) so the review should be all right. I had time to use the razor multiple times with a few blades...
    • Luc

Showcase statistics

Categories
Items
Views
Comments
Ratings
Reviews
vox_rox
0.56 star(s) 27 ratings
Views
Reviews
General Notes It's the well-known Gillette model made between 1948-50. Just like the 1947 before it, the first post-war model of razor put out by Gillette, it carries no date code, and is only distinguished from the 1947 model by the presence of a notch in the bar to facilitate easy blade loading. Physical details It's a traditional TTO model. Mine came to me pretty dirty, but with some boiling water/vinegar, toothbrush and dish soap, polish and mineral oil bath, and this thing is good as...
Jim
0.73 star(s) 95 ratings
Views
Reviews
Nivea For Men After Shave Extra Soothing Balm Sensitive skin formula This is a readily available grocery/drugstore product that has a retail price of 6.00 US The Balm comes packaged in a very nice milk glass bottle with a screw off top it holds 3.3 ounces (100ml) The Nivea website has this to say: Extra soothing and protective After Shave care for easily irritated skin. Designed with no alcohol and colorants to prevent the risk of irritations.Immediate Relief & Gentle...
Well, with perhaps one exception I am not a fan of Trumper's creams. A lot has been said about their soaps, however, so I thought I would give one a try. This scent is completely different from their sandalwood cream or cologne. I am not sure if it is just the matrix it is in or the scent is deliberately different, but it is a very welcome change. The cologne is extremely sweet and (dare I say) overpowering. The soap has a very dry, woody, masculine scent that is actually quite...
I absolutely fell in love with CE's Jojoba line of bath and skin care products. The smell is very clean and gentle. Jojoba is one of the best products for the skin since the oil is most similar to our naturally secreted body oils. I consider this scent from them to be in my top three list. The price is a bit high but its well worth the scent. You can save some money by following the two yearly sales and stock up at that time. I was only disappointed they didnt have anything for the...
Kananga water is an old formulation cologne used in magical rituals. Used primarily for purification and dealing with departed spirits. It is based on ylang ylang, and that seems to be the predominant scent. Various recipes are available in old formularies, and on the web, for making kananga water. Murray and Lanman market a current formulation in a plastic bottle with a baroque, old-style label. It runs about $5 for 4 oz. It is an simple, floral scent, without much complexity. However, it...
Dennis
0.63 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is my everyday, go to aftershave balm. The only online retailer that seems to carry it is classicshaving.com. What's in it? No true idea as I don't read Japanese. Here is the description from Classic Shaving: That about sums it up. This balm comes in a high-quality refillable plastic pump bottle. One pump dispenses about a dime size dollop which is just the right amount for my face. If you have used the Nancy Boy Cooling Aftershave Balm, this balm is a lot like that balm minus the...
Well Sue has done it again! :biggrin: I received my order of Oakmoss Lavendula and upon smelling it, was intrigued immensely. Why, because I cannot place the smell! Although I read the description, I still have no idea what it smells like :confused: - and I don't care! This soap just smells great. it has an air of mystery about it that I just can't figure out. In fact, I have shaved with it 3 times in a row because of its smell and trying to place it. As the Joker( Jack Nicholson) would...
Jim
0.78 star(s) 36 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price This is one of the most reasonably (read sanely) priced soaps available. The pucks weigh 3.5 oz. and are priced at 3.25 each. All the shaving soaps are formulated the same except for scent. Discounts for shipping and multi packs are available. Quality For this face the honeybee Spa soaps cannot be beat. Super moisture during and after the shave, I have the worst combination of skin and beard - dry sensitive skin and a beard like a BBQ brush running in every direction. Many of...
....Dark stormclouds race across the sky in a chaotic array, dizzying your senses. Up ahead you see an abandoned church, seeming to beckon to you. What's this? The cross on the facade is upside down.... Entering, you see a casket, black rose petals strewn across it.... A sense of dread pervades you, and the heady scent of roses assaults your nostrils.... Dread turns to horror as the casket lid begins to creak open.....a clawed hand emerges.... a scream tears from your ragged throat...
I purchased the three shaving soap cake sampler from Artifact Soapworks Limited on Ebay. The scents that arrived were Bay Rum, Old Spice and Sandalwood. Price: I gave this a high mark of 9 because the sampler as a whole only cost just under $8 (plus shipping). For me this made it a safer "buy and try" than a higher priced lot. Quality: It's soap (note I did not say shaving soap, more on that soon) in a beige cake no matter what scent is selected. The cake is simple and uniform but there...
Chagidiel
0.35 star(s) 31 ratings
Views
Reviews
Dirt cheap egyptian blade bought on E-bay, just about $25 for 200 blades. To start with the packaging, a simple no-fancy paperbox, gives a cheap inpression. The blades are single packed in both classic "foil-paper" and in a paper-envelope, this seem to protect the blade much better than the outer box. Thing is that the company that makes Lord blades from the beginning was a Wilkinson factory, so the blade itself reminds of the Wilkinson blade. Its a nice blade, a tad rough, again just...
Imperial Limes from Anglia perfumery has a nice sharp lime scent with longevity as well. I was surprised that it is still noticable after 5 or 6 hours in warm weather. I found it a very nice shop in Berlin "The English Scent" (www.english-scent.de) run by a true enthusiast. Also recommend checking out ES if you are in Berlin.
One of the best shaving soaps anywhere, what a pity it might not be around very soon. It really works like a charm, the scent is delightful, the lather and everything else about it is truly tops. C & E lovers, hold off at your own risk! Jeff
I just came home 2 hours ago with this very attractively bowled soap, and I didn't waste any time giving it a test. This is something I seldom do, but seing that my beard stubble was already growing back, I decided to jump in a shower, and take a quick one pass N-S with this soap. It's very lightly scented, and the lather sure is rich and generous, and it leaves the skin nice and soft, and feeling clean. It also does a good job of moisturizing, so that's also a plus. :smile: It does cost...
AJS
Views
Reviews
I have been using the 25 mm Superior Brush for a couple of months now, and I think sufficient time has passed for me to break the brush in and do a review. First things first, to date, this brush has only lost one hair. That for me is a significant selling point (given my initial run of bad luck with brushes.) The main thing you will notice about these brushes, is their unique handles. Whilst kitchen counter top material may not sound like the most opulent choice for a shaving brush handle...
For the past few couple of months, I’ve been using Granular Scrub by Face Tools. I use it 2-3 times per week, and for me, it has been the best “scrub” product I have used. Recently, I began using two more of the Face Tool products. This review is about “Cleanse ‘N Shave”, the shaving gel by Face Tools. Over a year ago I put away my Atra and Edge Gel, and this is the first time I have picked up a gel since then. I admit, I’ve had this product for a few weeks…I just couldn’t bring...
A few weeks ago I was able to pick up a brush on ebay being sold by Matt, or "medicwood" as he is known on the forums. Matt and his partner Randy, both firefighters, make these brushes on the side. Since I am a Persian Jar "handle" nut, this brush appealed to me, and I got lucky and won the auction. The handle is an acrylic base that is used in making counter tops. Despite that, I thought I would give this a try. And I'm glad I did. I love this brush! It performs well with soaps...
Mama Bear continues to deliver quality soaps at a great price, and this one is no different. The Patchouli is one of Mama Bear's few Essential Oils soaps as opposed to the frangrace oil soaps. I'm no expert on Patchouli, but found this soap and lather to have a very 'earthy' scent to it compared to patchouli scented soaps that I've used in the past which had a more 'clean' smell. The post-shave smell was a much more 'typical' Patchouli scent which was faint, but lasted longer that...
Who says that expensive is always the best? Not me! I have tried many different kinds of creams as well as soaps, some which I paid as much as 40 bucks for, and others which I paid as little as 1 buck and a half for, and I can tell you that sometimes you're better off going for the cheapest stuff. I know someone personally living in Poland, who I do business with, and he sent me a tube of this cream, and I must say the scent is nothing to hit the ceiling about, but at least you'll get a...
yasuo200365
1.22 star(s) 9 ratings
Views
Reviews
Nice handle on this razor ..., the old handles are quite often solid and quite hefty. The old style doesn't really work with modern thin DE blades, but shimming the razor helps ..., although to be truthful only the NEW style comb head works properly with modern blades. Regards John My ratings apply to all the old style combs - one for the collector.
Top Bottom