What's new

Nivea Extra Soothing Balm/Sensitive skin

Item Description

Nivea For Men After Shave Extra Soothing Balm Sensitive skin formula

This is a readily available grocery/drugstore product that has a retail price of 6.00 US

The Balm comes packaged in a very nice milk glass bottle with a screw off top it holds 3.3 ounces (100ml)

The Nivea website has this to say:

Extra soothing and protective After Shave care for easily irritated skin. Designed with no alcohol and colorants to prevent the risk of irritations.
Immediate Relief & Gentle Protection​

Extra gentle, quickly absorbed formula with Chamomile, Vitamin E and Provitamin B5:

Immediately calms skin and reduces redness.

Helps to prevent irritations.
Supports the skin’s natural protection system and helps to regenerate.
Alleviates skin dryness after shaving.
Result:Skin looks healthy and cared for.
Skin feels relaxed and smooth even long after application.
Skin compatibility dermatologically approved on men with sensitive skin.

The Nivea brand is manufactured by the German firm of Beiersdorf of Hamburg,and as hard as it is to quantify I feel that old world quality shows in this A/S.​
I often come home from sailing or fishing and will use this balm to cool off my face,relive wind and sun burn.

There are a couple of other formulations of this product - I will not try them based on the heavy menthol/minty content.If you are looking for that type of cool that formulation might be one to try.
The Sensitive skin version has just the faintest hint of chamomile that diminishes quickly- The balm is virtually scentless.I rated this a 10 for scent as I want none in this type of product.

This is a very good product that I will continue to use, it leaves my face feeling smooth and tack free, relives the dry tight feeling and is quite economical.

Please do not post in this review unless you have used this product and can rate it- go to this Discussion tread to make other comments.

Latest reviews

Pros: Cooling, soothing
For the money this has to be the best after shave balm available. I would buy this product if it were twice the price. Well worth it.

Put it on after nice shave and your face is as good as new. It cools, refreshes, moisturizes with no burn.

This is the best shave product I have ever used.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: nice smell and great price
have two bottles just finished one and always carry one in the car cubbyhole. simple and smells fine. newer to wet shaving and finding joy in others now but will keep this too
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Affordable, Lasts long, Moisturizes well, Absorbs quickly
Great product, will be using for a long time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)