What's new

Honeybee Spa shavings Soaps

Item Description

Price

This is one of the most reasonably (read sanely) priced soaps available. The pucks weigh 3.5 oz. and are priced at 3.25 each. All the shaving soaps are formulated the same except for scent. Discounts for shipping and multi packs are available.

Quality

For this face the honeybee Spa soaps cannot be beat. Super moisture during and after the shave, I have the worst combination of skin and beard - dry sensitive skin and a beard like a BBQ brush running in every direction. Many of the highly regarded soaps have left me disappointed with dry skin, irritated and cranky. Honeybee spa soaps are extremely lubricating as well as moisturizing; I regularly make 4, 5 and 6 passes without any irritation when using Sue’s soaps. The makeup of all the shaving soaps are identical - glycerin base with shea butter, vitamin E, hempseed oil, white kaolin clay and fragrance.

Scent

These soaps are a treat for my senses- Sue at Honeybee Spa shavings Soaps
has so many wonderful “flavors” to choose from including;
Almond, Amber, Bay Rum, Chamomile, CK for Men, Clean for Women, Coconut, Cool Water for Men, Dragon's Blood, Drakkar, Ginseng, Green Tea, Issey Miyake for Men, Lavender, Lemon-Lime, Mother Earth, Mountain Mist, Musk, Oakmoss, Oceania, Old Spice, Sandalwood, Sandalwood Musk, Unscented, Very Sexy for Men, and Vetyver.

My hands down favorite is the Old Spice scented soap-smelling it brings me back to watching my dad shave and how great he smelled going off to work.
If I could criticize this soap in any way, it is that I always wish the lather smelled as great as the soap itself -I want to be blown away and immersed in the scents.

Lather

Perfect for my beard- easy to create rich and unctuous shinny meringue like lather- it softens and lubricates my beard and face, and as I said above I can make as many passes as I need for a great shave- I have no idea how the lather of these soaps could be improved. Near perfection

Moisturizing
I am not sure you could make a more moisturizing soap and still get it to lather,HBS soaps leaves my skin in great shape!

Lime :thumbup:

just received a bunch more soaps from Sue at HBS today and I had a great shave today ! LIME To quote the kids its "OFF THE HOOK" I really enjoyed it. and as always it worked GREAT! Thanks Sue

GREEN TEA :biggrin: :biggrin:

What a great scent, very clean and tannin scent no floral at all. A nice change. I swear this one feels different too. I will be back to this again soon!

Yesterday was OCEANIA very nice -not floral sort of like the 70's aftershave CANOE if I remember ??
I liked it. :biggrin:

Yazu:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Todays HBS ''flavor'' is YAZU.... what the heck is a yazu?
This is what yahoo said;
Yuzu Fruit
YUZU is a citrus fruit common in Japanese kitchens. The surface of the fruit is uneven, and the peel's fragrance is sweet and slightly bitter. The flavor of the juice is similar to grapefruit but has definite overtones of Mandarin orange. YUZU juice is very fresh and tangy-tasting, and is an important ingredient in ponzu. Traditionally, shreded YUZU peel is used to garnish clear soups and simmered dishes. Today's fusion cuisine has resulted in dishes such as Tuna Sashimi with Wasabi-YUZU, Tuna Tartare with YUZU on Fried Potato Gaufrettes, YUZU Monogatari (Gin, Ginger Ale and YUZU juice), and YUZU-Maui Onion Salad. YUZU's exterior color changes from green to yellow as the season progresses. Exterior color is not important, and either color fruit is used interchangeably.

I can tell you that this is one great smelling soap in-fact it is the first HBS soap thats the lather smells just as great as the puck does! I do not as a rule go for Foodie scents but for some reason Yazu does not make me think of a kitchen. It shaves great as always
This one is way on the top of my current hit parade! ITS A MUST TRY!

Sue this one is out of the Park!

Todays soap is LAVENDER Scented HBS shave soap.:wink:

As always this is a great shaving soap- slick, easy to lather and a great price, Of all the great scents available lavender is one of my favorites, alas the only complaint I have with the HBS soaps is the strength of the scent,especially in the lavender its extremely subtle. In comparison Taylors is strongly scented,and most would say that Taylors is tame stuff.
Overall this is a keeper- add some lavender follow up scents and you are good to face the day.

Sandalwood-:thumbup:

This is in the top 5 of my HBS rotation very nice and spicy scent not the fake cinnamon and clove imitation sandalwood that so many soaps are passing themselves off as.

Forest Pine :thumbup1:

Fist shot at this and I liked it-not to heavy. I thought of Balsam when I lathered this up, I followed this with B&B cologne for a great start to my day!

Old Spice:thumbup:
Classic and clean this one brings me back to watching my Dad shave, great scent. A winner and in the top 5 HBS.

Sue is a member here at the B&B and is very responsive to requests and questions.

Resource

The discussion of this review is Here

Latest reviews

Pros: Great lather, very sticky and slick! Smells great!
Cons: There is nothing wrong here
I just tried Ye Olde Barbershop today and I was amazed. I did my normal routine but ended up with enough lather for about 6 passes at least. The scent was awesome, kind of powdery and just right on the money. This lather was amazingly sticky. My brush couldn't wipe it from my lathering bowl during the entire lather building stage. Nonetheless it didn't load up my razor and easily washed off. I got a great shave and don't notice any irritation after 4 passes and some touch ups. This is a very good product!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Let me be clear, I rated this product based on the fact that it costs around $4. HBS is my favorite glycerin soap.

Some people ding this soap because the fragrance is not over the top, smack you in the face strong. Let me say this, the fragrance is the perfect strength for me. I have tried to use another popular brand of glycerin soaps, but my skin will not get along with any I've tried because the concentration of fragrance oils is too high -- this is not the case with HBS. I get just enough fragrance to enjoy the shave.

This soap lathers up so well and provides an extremely slick shave. It also seems to last much longer than other glycerin based soaps. I just can't say enough good things about her soaps, and I hope she stays in business for many years to come.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice lather, shave stick form convenience
Cons: None
Wonderful shave soap. Easy to lather and the stick form doesn't require an extended soak before use. Face feels smooth and moisturized after use. Strong scents in package (at least with the Cherry Tobacco), mild scent on face after use, no need for aftershave after use. Will definitely order again once the two sticks I have are used up.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)