What's new

Mama Bear's Patchouli Shaving Soap

I hate to be the odd guy; but MB Patchouli or the other two scents I have (Dragonblood, Rosemary Mint) don't do much for me.

Sure...they smell nice and novel for a day or two; but that wears off. For me, YMMV, they are lacking in latherability and shaving comfort compared to, for example, a Tabac or Ogallala soap.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Amazing stuff! everything i want in a soap and more!!! Much better than my Trumpers Roase that cost 4x as much!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
How can you go wrong with this soap. The price, quality and scent are hard to beat.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Yet another incredible offering from Mama Bear; however, this is one of my absolute favorites. Its tough to find an accurate pure-play patchouli scented shave soap, and this one is a standout. Its scented with 100% pure Patchouli E.O. and smells fantastic. (I hear patchouli eo keeps your skin young? :biggrin:)

The lather is out-of-this-world, and provides for a lubricated and very close shave. Great for use with straight razor as well.

And....it leaves your face moisturized and supple. :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
This soap is incredible. When you first open up the jar, it's like BAM in your face Patchouli! After you shave with it, the scent settles down to its more musky aroma. A very gentlemanly scent. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to try something new!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
My wiskers woke me up today
sleep.gif
... ...They are so happy to being shaved with Mama Bear soap that they now want to be shaved earlier each day...This is a problem... I guess I'll have to shave at night so I can get some sleep... This is the finest shaving soap my face has ever used...I love the smell of your soaps may buy a few more and sit them around the house to kill odors...Dual purpose soaps...

Bay Rum Fragrance Shaving Soap

Rosemary Mint Shaving Soap 100% Natural
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Patchouli was my third Mama Bear Soap to use. This stuff is very nice. It lathers easily, permeates the room with aroma, yet the scent doesnt hang on the body long. Lubrication for the shave is also fine. The only thing that keeps me from going with a straight row of "10's" on this is there is something about the scent that is almost chemical, and that could just be me. Regardless, I still enjoy it!

Randy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Mama Bear continues to deliver quality soaps at a great price, and this one is no different.

The Patchouli is one of Mama Bear's few Essential Oils soaps as opposed to the frangrace oil soaps.

I'm no expert on Patchouli, but found this soap and lather to have a very 'earthy' scent to it compared to patchouli scented soaps that I've used in the past which had a more 'clean' smell.

The post-shave smell was a much more 'typical' Patchouli scent which was faint, but lasted longer that other Mama Bear scents that I've used.

This one will be a regular in the rotation as it compliments a lot of my colognes, but might be used even more once the weather cools down some.

PS: I graded the 'lather' catgeory lower because I always have to work harder to lather MB's soaps compared to my Tabac and QED soaps. The lather is still a good quality, I just have to work harder to get it.
Top Bottom