What's new

Showcase

Latest reviews

• Fendrihan MK II Full Stainless Razor
    4.00 star(s)
    Great razor for a new or experienced wetshaver
    I bought this razor back in 2017 (now 2024) so the review should be all right. I had time to use the razor multiple times with a few blades...
    • Luc

Showcase statistics

Categories
Items
Views
Comments
Ratings
Reviews
Lately, I've had the opportunity to try out a whole slew of different kinds of shaving creams and soaps, because I found stores which sell stuff from just about everywhere in the world. This cream is German-made, and sells for very cheap, so it would be classified as no-frills, but it's still a good and adequate, if not luxurious brand. It has a clean, pleasant scent, it lathers nicely, provides plenty of soothing moisturization as well as a refreshing effect, and for shavers on a tight...
This Sandalwood soap seems to be widely used but in my opinion a little underappreciated. So what is good about it? It smells good, lathers nicely and takes care of your face in the most gentle, comforting manner (thanks to the added vitamin E ). Yes, it certainly isn't as exclusive as Trumpers or others but does it give a less good shave? No, shaves are great, time and again, and my face never feels dry as with many other brands. To sum up: just a great workhorse shave soap.
Aky007
0.17 star(s) 63 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: I found these blades to be really expensive, especially when there are other blades half the price. Quality: Quality is good. What i would expect from any blade at least. Sharpness: This is where i find these blades a bit dissapointing. I find that they lack the sharpness and they always give me a bit more irritation than other blades. Longetivity: Consistent performer. Last just as long as other blades that i have tried. Smoothness of shave: They dont seem to be a match for...
Austin
1.52 star(s) 21 ratings
Views
Reviews
Great razor. Some bargains can still be found on this razor.
I love this little gem of a razor! I recommend it as a first DE and if it ends up being your only razor you could do worse!
Scotto
0.29 star(s) 24 ratings
Views
Reviews
Folks, this might be the best single summer fragrance out there. Forget those sickly-sweet citrus concoctions and "marine" fragrances - this stuff is the bomb. The scent is very interesting and complex. The top notes are citrus, with a background of vetiver. Not nearly as dry and earthy as the L'Occitane Vetyver, but a superb, clean expression. As it drys down over time, it evolves into something darker and musky, with tobacco notes. Really interesting, as it has two different...
Well, here is another gem that is being discontinued in the US. My understanding is that it will still be available overseas, though. In any case, if you are a fan of the T&H style, which produces a slightly lighter lather than Taylor or Trumper, you will like this one as well. It has a quite interesting scent as well, described below. Price: Not cheap, but not as expensive as some other creams out there. Quality: T&H quality is generally very good. This cream also clearly uses...
crackstar
0.31 star(s) 42 ratings
Views
Reviews
As we all know, Palmolive is known throughout the world. The US version is one of the biggest sellers over there, and there are several kinds of Palmolive cream from Europe, one of them being the Classic scent with palm oil which is sort of similar to the US kind, except that the scent is definitely nicer, and the lather is just as rich and creamy, and the moisturizing is equally as excellent. Pricewise, while not as cheap as the US kind, it's still quite reasonable. Jeff
I'm going to try to be as diplomatic as possible so as not to offend either the company who produces this cream, or whoever enjoys it. I bought it last year before Christmas, and I figured that for 30 dollars, I'd be getting the real deal! Well, to put it mildly, I was extremely disappointed. The lather is almost non-existant, the scent is sort of half-decent, and it does give fair, if not great moisturizing. This is not a brand I'd buy again. Jeff
This is an oddly-named cream in the sense that the scent is not what it's listed as. The way I see it, it has a nice, clean, soapy scent, sort of like the Arko soap stick. The lather is rich and creamy,the moisturizing and comfort are definitely there, and price-wise, I always said, you can't beat Arko! I was surprised at the scent when I shaved with this stuff for the first time, I was expecting a fresh burst of lemon, but as I said, instead I was greeted with a pleasant soapy, clean one...
Justso
0.13 star(s) 15 ratings
Views
Reviews
After Scotto telling me more than once to try this cream, I finally did. Excellent recommendation! :w00t: Packaging C&E has a very nice presentation with their creams in the tube. I would second their delivery method to Trumper's. The box has raised glossed lettering along with a nice corrugated inside for additional support. Along with the Cream in the tube, the box has a little corrugated insert tab which contains the tube key to help roll the tube so as to get the most cream out of...
Sorry I don't have a digital camera, but I did want to review this product. I need to say that I was gifted this by a great member of B&B, so I hope this doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, so here it goes. Packaging Arko's creams in boxes are pretty much standard, no frills stuff. Nothing earthshattering in their approach to delivery. The Cream The cream consistency is pretty loose and easily transferred from tube to brush. It has a sort of glistening appearance. The Aroma This...
Ok.... so #1 who is this "mamma bear?" #2 What qualifies her to make shaving soap? #3. Why spend money on such a random, off the wall, mom & pop type of product? #1 - One of the nicest ladies you'll ever talk to who makes soaps out of her house... on her stove... with pots and pans. #2 - Well.... nothing really that I am aware of. #3 - Spend money on this product because it works exceptionally well, smells out of this world, and is awful inexpensive... in fact - it is just about...
This cream which is Pakistani made is sold in many East Indian stores here in Montreal. Unfortunately, the only things I can say which are positive about it are that it's cheap, it smells fairly nice, and it does produce a decent lather, but at least for me, I found it dried out my skin and left it irritated. Definitely not a brand I'd buy again. :frown: Jeff
crackstar
0.41 star(s) 44 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is one brand of shaving cream made in Canada which I really enjoy when I'm able to get a hold of it. I can't say a heck of a lot about the packaging, it's a huge white, blue and red jar, but the cream itself has a nice light lemony scent, and does it ever lather like mad! :eek: :eek: It gives fantastic moisturizing and comfort, and it's not expensive. It's very difficult to find it now, I last saw it in a barbershop I used to go to a couple of years ago. Jeff
crackstar
0.55 star(s) 162 ratings
Views
Reviews
I don't know what it is about this stuff that doesn't connect! I love the scent, and heaven knows it's as cheap as can be, but every time I buy it, I wind up scraping it out of the bowl and using it as shower soap. I just can't get it to lather up right no matter what I do. :mad3: Jeff Ken, Randy, I'll agree on that with you, for a small amont of money like that, you can't expect the world. The scent is very pleasant as well, Ken, you're right, it does have a resemblance to Arlington...
AJS
0.18 star(s) 17 ratings
Views
Reviews
When I first became a member here, SSLStudio was kind enough to send me some blades on the understanding that I would post reviews once I had tried them out, the Sharp's were the first blades I finished testing. Firstly, some points for your consideration. I gave the price a 10 because I got them gratis, I don't actually know how much they cost. Secondly, I gave the packaging a 5 because it comes in a simple cardboard box, this mark is not a criticism I just thought it represented a fair...
crackstar
0.67 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
I bought this stuff at an East Indian supermarket recently, and I'm sort of impressed with it. It's cheap enough, and it lathers like there's no tomorrow, but the scent is weird to say the least, kind of like a spice rack. However, again, a little on your brush will give more than enough lather to do a 3 pass shave, and the moisturization is excellent, and it's very, very good if your skin is sensitive. Definitely a good tight budget cream. The tube is light blue with a man's face on it, and...
I tend to classify colognes in a couple of categories. There is the "integrated" category (I am a cologne, and I smell nice), and the "evocative" category (the scent brings about a mood). This one is in the evocative category. It is a scent that is a bit hard to describe if you haven't smelled it, but it starts out with a strong sweet/minty component (not true mint, but more of a sharp lavender mintiness), mixed with a complex herbal note including thyme, geranium, and moss. It reminds...
Don't be fooled by the marketing of this fragrance to women only. For those gents that enjoy using rose scented shaving products, this is the icing on the cake. I fell into this fragrance by accident. My wife was very positive about a sample which was included in my last Penhaligon's order. Being the typical guy I misread her reaction. When the bottle, I ordered for her as a surprise, arrived that she said she loved the fragrance but it wasn't her style. This was too bad because it...
Top Bottom