What's new

Showcase

Latest reviews

• Fendrihan MK II Full Stainless Razor
    4.00 star(s)
    Great razor for a new or experienced wetshaver
    I bought this razor back in 2017 (now 2024) so the review should be all right. I had time to use the razor multiple times with a few blades...
    • Luc

Showcase statistics

Categories
Items
Views
Comments
Ratings
Reviews
With a slogan like, "Real Shaving: always a pleasure, never a chore", how could I not be interested in this stuff? I found it on sale for $7.00 (Canadian) but according to the R.S. Co. website, the stuff retails for £3.99, so to go with a great slogan, the price was right. This cream has an interesting and pleasant scent (nothing to write home about, but nice none the less) and can easily be whipped into a beautiful lather (see photos below). The packaging is a little ho hum (a plastic...
Didn't like the scent first time I used it, but it has grown on me. Pros : available locally, not expensive, great luxurious lather, nice scent, VERY emollient. Nice packaging, modern and young (only the jar, the tube looks ugly)
Scotto
0.28 star(s) 18 ratings
Views
Reviews
Before trying this gem, I had convinced myself that I don't care for cologne-scented creams. Getting a tub of this stuff in trade changed my viewpoint forever. This stuff smells so darn good and shaves so well, that I think it is near the pinnacle of all shave creams. Just awesome. Price Taylors tubs are pretty darn cheap compared to a lot of other stuff out there. Quality Well, Taylor's has come consistency issues with their texture, but this cream hasn't shown any issues for...
AJS
0.31 star(s) 115 ratings
Views
Reviews
As no one else has posted a review of the Merkur Futur I felt that this would be a good opportunity to contribute to the forum. The Futur was the first DE razor that I used, and despite some recent instances of blood loss I still rate this razor very highly. Firstly, it is a very good looking piece of equipment, it eschews the the bulky space age lines of the Vision and the ornateness of the 1904 Classic, in favor of clean, crisp minimalist lines. Although a razors appearance should be a...
This is a cream which I received as a birthday gift a couple of weeks ago. I remember using the deodorant and bath soap, and also the aftershave quite a few years ago, but I was very pleasantly surprised to know there was also a shaving cream bearing this name and scent. It comes in a dark green tube, and has a lovely fresh scent, and a small amount on a brush quickly blows up into a rich fragrant lather. Definitely a brand I'd try to obtain again. Jeff
Scotto
0.13 star(s) 40 ratings
Views
Reviews
This cream is one of the most popular things out there. Perhaps it is the allure of the Violet scent, which is pretty unique. For me, however, I don't get good shaves at all from this cream. Price: Yeah, it is expensive, as all Trumpers products are. Quality: High quality stuff; consistent texture, lots of effort in presentation, etc. Scent: Personally I don't care for it. Too sickly sweet. Latherability: Whips up gobs or rich lather in a hurry. Here it is from today's...
Scotto
0.45 star(s) 11 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is a cream that doesn't get much press among its three-T brethren. It is a good shaver; not the best, but nowhere near the worst. If you like a solid cream with not too heavy a scent, this one is for you. Price: Not cheap, but not as expensive as some other creams out there. Quality: T&H doesnt seem to have the quality control isues that Taylor has, though this tub is of quite a different consistency than my other T&H tubs (much firmer) Scent: This is a straight forward rose...
Like said in the short description. Good stuff, I personally don't need to use any cologne with it as I've applied it about 9 houors ago and can still smell it. All in all I like the stuff. A good addition to MY cabinet. Regards Alexander
Last week, to see if I had any good options before breaking down and mail-ordering one of the vegetal-scented English supercreams, I went to Tysons Corner and checked department stores and other retailers of grooming supplies. Years ago, during a long stretch of brushless wetshaving, I had used a tub of The Body Shop's shaving cream. I've purchased and enjoyed several of their products, including this one, so a purchased a new 6.6-ounce tub for $12.50. After contemplating the...
DCMandarin
0.21 star(s) 19 ratings
Views
Reviews
Omega has become a well-known brand among wetshavers for their brushes--marketing a shave cream allows Omega a safe way to diversify their revenues. Does anyone know if Proraso produces this soap for Omega? I've found it very similar, and I mean that as praise. With a brush and mug or without, just a toothbrush-sized dab of this soap has given me plenty of thick lather. After making this part of my daily rig for a few weeks, I started becoming tired of the eucalyptus scent: At $6.95...
Kyle
0.12 star(s) 33 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price - In relation to price, T&H is the middle child of the 3 T's. It is not so expensive that it hurts, but it is priced highly enough that you may want to try a sample before purchasing a whole tub. Luckily, samples are not difficult to come by (I've found Nordstrom's to be very generous). Scent - The scent was the primary selling point for me. While standing in the store, I cracked open a tub and after a few whiffs, I couldn't make myself put this stuff down. The smell is...
Guys, I must have tried close to 100 different brands of creams and soaps in the last couple of years. This a shaving cream from Pakistan which is sold here in many East Indian stores, it's very reasonably priced, it comes in a plain paper box. The cream's a light green color like Palmolive, and it has a nice rich lather, and pleasant, clean scent. It's a decent brand, which definitely gives a smooth, close shave, although it can use a little more pasteurizations, otherwise, I'd recommend...
Here's a perfect example of no-frills quality. I received this cream this past week as a gift, and although the packaging's nothing special, and the scent is rather plain, the latherability, moisturization, and comfort more than make up for it. This cream will give even the most ultra sensitive skin a soothing, gentle and comfortable shave, and provide excellent lubrication as well. Jeff
This is a cream which I can honestly say, I heard a lot about, but when I bought it, as soon as I got it home, I was disappointed. The packaging's nothing but a paper box, the tube's a little nicer. The lather is acceptable, I guess, but I detest the scent. :frown: :frown: On top of that, it gave me a rash all over my neck, and left it feeling dry. I don't think I'd want to buy this stuff again. Jeff
crackstar
0.28 star(s) 71 ratings
Views
Reviews
What a nice cream this is, my Lord! I received it from my friend in Europe, and does this man ever know his creams! I remember seeing this stuff here in Montreal years ago, although I'd never really thought too much about it. I took a great shave with it this morning, and my face still feels smooth and soft. OK, the packaging's just a plain box, red in color, but what's inside the tube is what counts! Just a little on a brush, and wham! it lathers like crazy, it smells terrific, and the...
Within this present year, I've made friends with a few gentlemen in this group, one young man in particular who lives in Europe has sent me a lot of nice gifts. This cream until yesterday was unknown to me completely. The packaging is nothing fancy, just a plain box, the tube is a nice silvery-gray color, and the cream whips up into a nice, rich, efficient lather. There's definitely a cooling, fresh feeling while you shave, the scent is pleasant, and it has very good moisturizing qualities...
Kyle
0.38 star(s) 93 ratings
Views
Reviews
Side by side comparison to the HD. Side by side with HD - side view. Close-Up of the Slant's head. Price - These razors sell for the same price as the HD with the gold model costing an extra $6-10. This puts the Slant Bar in the low to middle price range, however, like the HD, when you consider the quality of the item, you are getting it for a bargain. Grip - The handle of the Slant Bar is identical to that of the HD. It is gnarled and has a textured pommel which allow for...
After a month or 2 with my first love, the Savile Row 101, I decided it was time to "move up" to one of the "big boys." Thanks to the patient advice and counsel of several B&B members (you know who you are! Thanks!), I ultimately pulled the trigger on the Simpsons PJ3 in Super. Lee of Lee's Razors was most helpful in getting me the brush in record time (3 days from initial email to delivery!)--thanks, Lee! I broke in the brush with a dollop of C&E Sweet Almond Oil cream, and went to work...
crackstar
0.60 star(s) 48 ratings
Views
Reviews
This soap is my dad's number one favorite, and has been for quite a while. I had it about 2 years ago, and I really liked it because it seemed to be a good traditional kind of shaving soap. I recently acquired 2 cakes of this stuff, and I shaved with it yesterday. Although the packaging is about the same as Surrey soap, with a plastic container, this soap sure does more for my skin than Surrey ever did. It produces a nice, slick, pleasant smelling bay rum lather, and makes it easy to get a...
ouch
0.59 star(s) 165 ratings
Views
Reviews
Believe it or not, my very first DE shave was with a Feather blade, in a surprisingly crappy Feather DE razor. What the hell was I thinking? Got a great, BBS shave right off the bat without a nick. Unfortunately, ensuing shaves had my ever-supportive wife asking "What's par for your face?" Funny thing was, I didn't feel a thing. They say the same about getting bit by a piranha (serrasalmus nattereri)- so sharp you don't feel the cut. Sure, they're sharp, but they're not the terrors they're...
Top Bottom