What's new

Omega Shaving Soap with Eucalyptus Oil

Item Description

Omega has become a well-known brand among wetshavers for their brushes--marketing a shave cream allows Omega a safe way to diversify their revenues.

Does anyone know if Proraso produces this soap for Omega? I've found it very similar, and I mean that as praise. With a brush and mug or without, just a toothbrush-sized dab of this soap has given me plenty of thick lather.

After making this part of my daily rig for a few weeks, I started becoming tired of the eucalyptus scent: At $6.95 for 5.2 ounces through Sesto Senso.com, you can't go wrong, and it will remain part of my rotation for a long time.

Latest reviews

Pros: Strong Eucalyptus scent
Cons: none
I got this cream bundled with an Omega brush stand. I had low expectations since there were reviews saying it got worse with a reformulation, but I had never tried the original one so I can't compare.

It's a very good cream. The scent is a nice strong eucalyptus, great for clearing sinuses. That's not a joke, the scent is quite amazing. This can be good on some winter mornings to help wake me up. It lathered up quite effortlessly as I squeezed out an almond sized amount and whipped it up with a high mountain white brush. Nice thick creamy lather in a few seconds. I used a bowl and a damp brush and slowly added a few drops of water to build the lather.

I like the tube creams as they store much more easily and don't dry out as quickly. I'll add this to my daily rotation. It's not as awesome as my Musgo Real, but it is a close second out of my tube creams.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This was my first shaving cream when I discarded my Mach 3 and Edge for a DE razor and brush. I couldn't complain about the price, $7.50 (shipping included). When I received it, I was surprised of the size. I thought it'll be about the size of a toothpaste tube. Instead, it was a huge tube! Rather than a plastic tube, it was tin or some kind of metallic material. Just like the Colgate tooth paste tube I remembered when I was a child. It produced a heap of thick and fluffy lather, and only a dab will do. The scent is clean and refreshing, and leaves your face the same. Unfortunately, it doesn't leave your face very moisturized. But that's what aftershave balm or cream is for.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
One of the best (and cheapest) out there. I happen to have a tub with lanolin, and keep it safe as if it is gold, only shave with it every now and then. Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)