What's new

Bodyshop shave cream

Item Description

Didn't like the scent first time I used it, but it has grown on me.

Pros : available locally, not expensive, great luxurious lather, nice scent, VERY emollient.
Nice packaging, modern and young (only the jar, the tube looks ugly)

Latest reviews

I just picked up a tub of this at the Philadelphia airport the other day on a lark when I was on my way home. I usually use a TOBS cream. Given the price - which even given the airport mark-up was less than the TOBS - I did not have high expectations.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the performance. It produces more lather more easily than the TOBS and provides good cushion and slickness (slicker than the TOBS). A great product, especially given the local availability and price (+ no shipping costs required).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This was one of my first SC. Did not expect much from it but boy did it help over come some mistakes I made when learning how to use a DE. It is very moisturizing and it lathers easy, buttery and creamy. The scent does need getting use too but I think like most have mentioned it can grow on you and the shave this cream gives makes it all much better. I just used it tonight and had one of those great shaves with now problem. Too bad they don't make both this one and the macca root version which is also pretty good IMO. Grab some if you see it out there on the BST. Price was a 10 base on the deep discounts they were selling this stuff a year ago.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is the first cream I bought a when I stopped using the squirt can stuff. They were just being discontinued and were blowing them out for $4 a jar. I hate myself for not buying the last 6 the store had. Im in love with the scent but its a trade off because you get some of the nicest, thickest, creamiest, lather. All I can say is the English sure know how to make some cream. I havent tried all of the 3T's or some of the other high dollar creams but I have tried Taylors and I think the TBS Old Formlua can hold its own against it.

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability