What's new

Showcase

I must say that this is one of the most wonderful shaving creams I ever used. It smells so nice, it lathers up perfectly with any brush, and is so soothing to the skin. Although I'm very lucky to have my sister-in-law working at one of the C & E boutiques here in Montreal, I have to rate the price as kind of steep, but this cream is pure elegance and luxury, and assures the user wonderful shaves. Jeff
NYLaw
1.56 star(s) 39 ratings
Views
Reviews
Cremo is fantastic because it works. It keeps your skin smooth and slick throughout the shave. When I first put the dab on the brush tips and tried to lather it up, I was supprised at the lack of lather. That's why I gave the "latherability" a 7. Oh, it lathers more after the second pass, and it feels great. But the efficacy of the cream is not the lather, like most shaving creams. Somehow, and I don't know why, this stuff works because the more water you add (with your brush or by...
Kyle
0.54 star(s) 68 ratings
Views
Reviews
Q. What can I say that everyone doesn't already know about Proraso? A. Nothing, but I'm going to repeat a few sentiments anyway. There is something comforting about the use of a product that has stood the test of time. This is a high quality product that provides its own unique kind of luxury. As long as Proraso continues to do business, I will continue to buy and use their many wonderful products.
Pre-Bloom Post-Bloom Fully Lathered Price - I purchased this Shavemac right after the price-hike (I snoozed so I lost). That being said, I fully believe that it was worth every penny. I paid less for this brush than I did for my Vulfix #41, so while it wasn't cheap, you can't really call it an expensive brush either. Density - From my experience, this is a very densely packed brush. Stiffness/Softness of Tips - Until you've experienced a brush that has both stiffness...
Notice the "milky" consistency like DR Harris A/S milk? Firstly - this bottle/packaging does nothing for me.... I very much miss the cork bottle/packaging they used to use - but oh well, cest la vie. Next - the scent.... it is basically a dead wringer for their a/s splash, which I LOVE the scent of, but in the balsam form it is a little watered down, and doesn't have "staying power." Ok - so now down to business... this stuff is about the same consistency as DR Harris Aftershaving...
A year ago when I first jumped feet first into this shaving hobby, I had never considered what "exfoliating" meant, NEVER considered using a moisturizer, and certainly had never used a facial scrub. But after a month of shaving with a DE, I noticed changes in my face. My complexion was smoother. About the same time, my son, a teenager, started having issues with acne, something I never really had to deal with. So I started looking into facial care. I picked up some St. Ives at Wal Mart...
joel
0.57 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've been meaning to review this soap for some time, as I really enjoy it, and it is quite moisturizing for a shaving soap. The almond is a VERY "cherry" smelling almond, but alas, it is still superb, and boy oh boy does it smell powerfully! Lather up with this stuff and it will fill your bathroom with the lush scent of cherry/almond. Although the "quality" of this shaving bowl is not as high as the 3T's - it is "taller" and the soap is more recessed, so as to allow you to actually whip up...
crackstar
1.00 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is a brand that I regularly buy every time I go to Israel. It's definitely one of the most popular brands used over there. The cream which is green in color, comes in a big tube, price-wise, you can't really go wrong, the packaging is no-hell, just a plain box, but who cares! :lol: The scent is very pleasant, somewhat akin to Mennen Skin Bracer Original. The lather is rich, creamy and pleasant, and has good moisturization. I give it the double thumbs up grade. Jeff
Scotto
0.30 star(s) 196 ratings
Views
Reviews
Hard to believe that this hasn't been reviewed yet.... Go figure. Look, here's the deal. This stuff is damn cheap. You can find it at Target now. It smells like something your Mom used to rub on your chest when you were sick. But this stuff can shave as good as lots of products 2 or 3X the cost. It lathers up beautifully, and provides a nice slick cushion for the razor. Also has a very intense cooling sensation which is amplified when you rinse with cold water. It ain't luxurious, but it...
crackstar
1.67 star(s) 15 ratings
Views
Reviews
I began using this great soap several years ago when I received it from my brother-in-law. I enjoyed it right off the bat, because it reminded me of my old-time Noxzema lather cream. Now, this soap hasn't got a fragrant scent, and perhaps it's just a bit lacking in the way of moisturization, but everything else about it makes it a winner! :smile: It's so nice and cooling, which makes for a terrific summer morning shave, and price-wise, 150 ml for just 7 bucks or so makes it almost a steal...
It was one of my employees who introduced this cream to me a few years ago when he gave me his tube because he switched to another kind. My first impression was it has a nice scent, lathers rich and creamy, and helps give a great shave. I'd like to point out this is another excellent choice for those who want quality without spending a lot of money. As I understand, this cream may not be available everywhere in the States. Jeff
It's really a pity that this stuff's non-existent where I live, because it's really a good shaving cream. OK, it's not a luxurious, elegant cream like Taylors, DR Harris, etc, but for such cheap money, it's still quite fine in my books. Anyone who's looking for a good no-frills, basic shaving cream without blowing his budget apart, this brand is ideal. Jeff
crackstar
0.87 star(s) 55 ratings
Views
Reviews
Here's another soap which is apparently unknown in North America. I received it as a gift from a friend of mine, and I had never even heard of it, until it got here. The first thing I noticed when I opened up the wrapping was it smelled of bitter almond, which I like, secondly, the consistency was like soft putty. So, I placed it in a mug, and the next morning after my shower, I used my Omega brush which I use for all my soaps. The bitter almond scent is very pleasant, and the lather is...
A couple of weeks ago, while ordering some soaps and creams from a Turkish market, I came across Birsen's Tütün Kolonyası (tobacco cologne). As I am a huge fan of tobacco scented items, I figured, "hey, why not". Price - Roughly, 15oz for $7. Packaging - This cologne comes in a very cheap plastic bottle and the cap does not securely seal. The seller was aware of this problem as they hermetically sealed the bottle in plastic wrap before shipping. Staying Power - Forever...
Gentlemen, I have always enjoyed trying different kinds of stuff from all over the world, a dear friend of mine sent me some great gifts recently, including this excellent shaving cream. OK, the packaging is a simple plastic jar, but who cares! The cream itself, is brown in color, has a heady, spicy, exotic oakmoss scent which goes very well for my body chemistry and swarthy skin, provides a great lather with just a little cream and some hot water, and a smooth, soothing, moisturizing shave...
I received this soap as a gift just yesterday, so I thought I'd give it the old college try this morning for my shave. I took a good shower, and then applied a hot towel on my face, then used my Savile Row brush for the lathering. Although it doesn't lather up with an explosion like Arko soap, or Gold-Dachs Spezial soap, I could easily forgive that, :cool: because the scent is lovely, something like a citrus-woody mix, it gives excellent moisturizing, preventing dryness, and that lousy...
You can look at my review of T&H Trafalgar for the detail on the packaging, etc. As for 1805, this is a very fresh scent in the "oceanic" mold. No, you won't smell like seaweed, rotting crabs, and sweaty, coppertone-laden, half-naked men. It is a citrusy, clean scent that is great for spring and summer. Basenotes lists it as: Top Notes Bergamot, Mandarin Middle Notes Cypress, Cardamom, Nutmeg Base Notes Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk This is a scent that is never...
T&H makes a number of good colognes, but Trafalgar is really in a class by itself. I think it is the last cologne in their series that hasn't undergone some "updating", which to me means a dumbing-down of the classic, masculine scents that T&H has been known for Price The price from T&H ($65 for 100mL) is on the moderate/expensive side, but deals at Ashford.com can often be found Quality All the T&H colognes are made with care, and are quite consistent. With the exception of the...
I've been using the "Butch" since I got back from SF and my trip to the NB store. This stuff is the most complex cologne I've worn--it changes over the course of the day, and a little bit lasts all day long. As wonderful as it smells on its own, its really amazing when combined with NB's "Fem" scent. I made a travel atomizer of 1/2 Butch--1/2 Fem, and it is just fantastic together--it drives you nuts trying to figure out what the aromas are in this mix. Well worth a try, although at...
KUJO
0.50 star(s) 28 ratings
Views
Reviews
In my zeal for acquiring shaving creams, I stocked up on a variety of Taylor's products. As this is Taylor's week on the board, I thought it appropriate to update reviews while they're fresh in my mind and on my face. Price - Like all Taylor's products, these 5.3 oz tubs are a bargain. I got this particular tub at Cotton Blossom Crafts for $13.50 which seems to be about the going rate. I will say, whereas Taylor's Creams from other vendors arrived sealed in plastic, this one from Cotton...
Top Bottom