What's new

Body Shop Shave Cream for Men

I finally tried this cream and I really liked it! It took a little longer to whip up the lather, but once I got it going - wow. I liked the scent, I would describe it as a fresh soap scent. I will definately keep this one around, especially since it is readily available! I noticed that it was made in the UK.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I'd been using this cream for years with an M3 which explains why I still have skin left on my face and neck. :001_smile It is indeed a hidden gem of a cream, widely available, and reasonably priced for the quality.

However until I started wet shaving and using a badger brush with a good shaving bowl I never realized what a good product this is for me. Sort of like having a nice Cadillac in the garage but until now only driving it around in first gear.

My skin is definitely of the sensitive variety and this cream has never lead to any skin problems not caused by a razor. No irritations, allergy-like feelings or problems at all. Lathers very well, scent is mild, cleans up nicely and as noted it's available in just about every city in the US. I look forward to trying other brands of shave cream but I'm in no hurry to run out of the Body Shop Shave Cream anytime soon.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I tried this cream last night for the first time and overall it's an OK cream. It seemed like this cream needs more water then normal. I do think this cream is far more "slick" then some give it credit. After my second pass the cream was very slick. The price is not to bad and the packaging is OK. If you are looking for a cream that's not expensive this might work for you. Don't expect the same performance as Taylor's or GFT.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Excellent product - lathers really well - easily available - smells superb!

I find the lather is really warming, moisturising and emolient!!

Some people have posted that they aren't too fond of the smell - but a "sandalwood and vanilla fusion" is, I think, right on the mark!

@ £7.50 for 200g - it's also really cheap!! (and lasts forever!)

One of the first creams I bought as a novice wetshaver - I would definitely recommend for those just starting out (due to price and availability) - but this is certainly not a cream limited to starters - this is a cream that has a permanent spot on my counter!!

If I was to give one negative - it would be the packaging...I think Bodyshop's packaging is really bland...but hey, you haven't bought it to look at the tub!

Hope this was helpful!
p.s. check out my other reviews!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I got this cream months back, a english cream it is not, and for the price you can get taylors for the same money. You can find this cream local taylors you will have to order so if your looking for a cream you can find local this would be one.

It does give a nice shave the smell is not all that hot. It does have nice mosisturizing properties but all in all if your going to pay 13.50 for a tub go with a english cream.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I consider this to be one of the hidden gems. For the longest time I was using other soaps and creams and never ventured to The Body Shop.

The scent is very mild (not overpowering) and a bit woody.

The cream is very moisturizing(sesame seed oil is in the cream), so much so that I don't use an aftershave when using this product.

The cost is very reasonable. For ~$13 you can get a large tub of the cream. This is a great deal compared to the rebranded Proraso at Bath & Body Works.

The lather is just like any of the three T's, very rich and thick.

For those who shop at malls for wetshaving products, make sure you stop by The Body Shop and pick up some of the cream. A great product and an excellent value!
First off, I don't understand the earlier reviews that complain of the weak/nonexistent scent of this cream. I found the scent to be very strong, and very pleasing. It is a warm, woodsy scent, maybe with a hint of musk. I am horrible at describing scents, but this is great. I wouldn't mind smelling it all day.
I was originally thinking this would be an okay product if I couldn't find any of the nicer creams (like the 3 T's). I tended to judge creams based on their price. This cream proved me wrong. At $8 for a tube and $13 for a tub, and with the Body Shop often selling this 3 for the price of 2, you can't beat the price. The lather was rich and thick and very moisturizing, and one of the easiest to produce.
My shave was very slick, and I experienced no nicks.
This is a great cream. If you haven't tried it yet, you are missing out. I wish they had an aftershave balm to match the scent of this, but I picked out the Javari and found they paired well, and it was also great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: About $2.00/oz, and that's without any sale. Seems very reasonable to me.

Quality: The shaves are really comfortable; as other have said, few-to-no nicks for this still fairly newbie, and very little irritation (an aside: any irritation absolutely vanishes at the first sign of the Body Shop's Razor Repair ASB...great stuff!).

Scent: I really can't smell very well, so I don't have much to say myself; but my wife hasn't wretched yet, so I have it a mid-range 5.

Latherability: Great, giant gobs of dense, creamy lather. This is good stuff!

Efficacy: See quality; great shaves day in and day out.

Moisturizing: You bet! My face always comes out feeling like I could probably skip an ASB. (I don't; but, I'd bet I could...)

Packaging: While I appreciate nice packaging, it's clearly not what I'm here for (the shave itself). Again, a mid-range 5, but it could well be a 10. My point is really that the packaging doesn't play in my decision, so long as the cream stays in one place and fresh until I need it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is a great cream. It lathers easily, moisturizes wonderfully, is very slick, and is top quality. The scent is clean and sweet, leaves you feeling clean, and does not stay on for long. This allows for good cologne. It very soothing and moiturizing throughout 2-3 passes for a BBS shave.
It is usually on sale- 3 for the price of two and usually runs about 10 for a large tub. Since it takes very little to lather, it does go a long way. This is definitely a keeper.
JMHO
Headdoc:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I have very fair skin and a very heavy beard. I am a relative newbie so I still experiencing nicks with my Merkur Vision. Even with my unskilled hand the Body Shop stuff gives me the least nicks, and the moisturizing qualities are fantastic. I wish it had a scent. It creates a lush cream with the brush with very little work. It wil be in my regular rotation even though it does not have a scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Last week, to see if I had any good options before breaking down and mail-ordering one of the vegetal-scented English supercreams, I went to Tysons Corner and checked department stores and other retailers of grooming supplies.

Years ago, during a long stretch of brushless wetshaving, I had used a tub of The Body Shop's shaving cream. I've purchased and enjoyed several of their products, including this one, so a purchased a new 6.6-ounce tub for $12.50. After contemplating the "fragrance-free" cream--thus explaining the weak scent rating, though it does contain coconut acid and sesame-seed oil for beard softening--I decided to look at The Body Shop's essential-oil selection to see if I could add enhance one of the wetshaving experience's key elements when using this product.

The display of essential oils indicated that Ylang Ylang helps to regulate sebum secretions, and it smelled delicious, so I bought a 5-milliliter bottle for $10, and mixed it into the tub of shave cream.

So far, I've used this cream for two wet shaves, with brush and mug, after a hot shower, and I have to say that the cream has delivered two excellent shaves--very smooth, no nicks, very little irritation.

Loking back on the time and effort involved, though, I realized that I had spent no small amount of time and about $24 to arrive at this high-quality, great-smelling shave cream, and went online to purchase a tub of Trumper's Violet.
Top Bottom