What's new

The Real Shaving Co. Professional Lather Shave Cream Moisturising Skincare

Item Description

With a slogan like, "Real Shaving: always a pleasure, never a chore", how could I not be interested in this stuff?

I found it on sale for $7.00 (Canadian) but according to the R.S. Co. website, the stuff retails for £3.99, so to go with a great slogan, the price was right.

This cream has an interesting and pleasant scent (nothing to write home about, but nice none the less) and can easily be whipped into a beautiful lather (see photos below). The packaging is a little ho hum (a plastic tube like KMF or The Body Shop - only less attractive), but that really isn't that important (to me, that is).

My complaint about this shave cream is that the lather is very "light" and I didn't find it to be overly lubricating or moisturizing. I don't expect that the RS Co will make it into frequent rotation in my bathroom, but you never know; this may be something that somebody else would think is the best thing since sliced bread.

A little cream in my bowl...

After about 10 or so swirls...
proxy.php

A little more water and some more swirling...

Meringue like? Well, it looks pretty good to me...
proxy.php

Have another look...
proxy.php

Painting my hand (about 5 strokes)...

Latest reviews

I think it is great for the price - $5 at RiteAid. I did not care for the scent. As somebody else mentioned - it is a more modern scent - I think if you like the scent of Axe products you would like this scent. I don't enjoy it but thats just me. Lathers up quite well with very little effort. Dried out a bit quick but I think that has more to do with me than the product. I am not a big fan of the packaging. The tube is going to be hard to get all the product out of which will cause some waste. For the price - why not and if it is not to your satisfaction, no big loss.
Love this cream!!!

Price: $5.00 CDN a bargain at 3X this price.

Lather: Thick, slick, great scent.

Packaging: not so good, cheap, hard to get all of the cream out.

On my top three list.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I brought this on monday, my first ever shaving cream from boots, I loved it lathered nicely had a nice but light smell not overpowering and also helped me aquire my best DE shave yet.

I have not done a full review as its my first cream and i dont have anything else to work of as a bench mark.

Item information

Added by
NMMB
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

Top Bottom