Items by crackstar

crackstar
0.85 star(s) 13 ratings
Views
Reviews
This cream was sent to me as a trade with a fellow member in this group, and I'm very pleased with it. I wish it was sold here, but, alas, it isn't. Jeff
crackstar
0.36 star(s) 11 ratings
Views
Reviews
Yup, they really don't make 'em like that any more--this brand was discontinued around 15 years ago, and what a loss it was to the wetshaving world. Noxzema lather cream came in a red and blue tube, a very small amount gave a lather that was explosive and rich, and the skincare was heavenly. I used only this brand for 25 years, and NOTHING else. I was lucky to get a sample of it recently from a gentleman in this group, and I'd do anything to get another tube. It was pure nostalgia for me...
I received this soap as a gift this week, and I'm very impressed by it. The brand is no longer in existence, and it's too bad, because it performs so well. It gives a great lather, smells nice and clean, and offers good skincare. Definitely a soap I'd buy again if it was still around. Jeff
another product put out by the Boots company, which is located in Nottingham, UK. A nice, no-frills shaving cream with rich lather, and good skincare. A slight menthol feeling gives a feeling of freshness during and after a shave. Jeff
I used Old Spice shaving soap in the well-known bowl with the fishing schooner many years ago, unfortunately, it's no longer made. The other day, I received a Mama Bear soap as a gift which has the EXACT same scent and lather, and gives the EXACT same kind of lovely shave. This stuff is dynamite, and unlike some other soaps which I tried, I get no adverse reactions on my skin at all whatsoever. Great stuff, I highly recommend it to any Old Spice lover. Jeff
Another gift among MANY others I received a couple of weeks ago, this glycerin based soap also would remind a shaver of Col. Conk soaps, but the performance is even better, with very good moisturization. Jeff
I bought this soap at a department store recently, and I must say that the price I paid sort of left me feeling a bit worried, because I got shafted a few times by some other pricey brands. This soap however, delivers very well in terms of scent, which is fresh and lemony, and lather and overall performance. The moisturization needs just a bit more in the way of fine tuning, otherwise it's a great shave soap! :thumbup1: Jeff
This is another elegant, classy shave cream made in Germany, which is very popular among the bon vivant class of gentlemen here in Montreal. A lovely scented cream, with rich, creamy lather, and great moisturization. It's quite pricey here, but well worth it. Jeff
crackstar
0.67 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
Another excellent cream which not only lathers and shaves well, but also works wonders for sensitive skin. Perhaps the scent is a little less pronounced than in the soap bowl or stick version, but still there. The post shave feeling is very pleasant and comfortable. Jeff
crackstar
1.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
What a great surprise this was when I saw it in the enormous package of stuff I received this week. I think it was the first product that I tried on that evening. I put it to the real test this morning after a shave, and I could just imagine how it would feel if I were to shave with a menthol cream like Ingram, because as it is, I used a regular unmentholated soap called Kruidvat, and did this gel ever give me a delightful, cooling, and fresh feeling. It's completely naturally made, without...
Apparently, this brand which is made in Holland is very cheap, but it performs really nicely. It's got rich, slick lather to it, as well as a pleasant, clean scent, and it leaves the skin feeling soft, and well moisturized. I recieved it as a gift, along with a HUGE amount of other goodies this week from a very dear friend in this group!! :smile: :smile: Jeff
crackstar
1.42 star(s) 26 ratings
Views
Reviews
All I can say about this soap is wow, it's just lovely! A classy, subtle, yet noticeable scent, a rich, full lather, and great, soothing skincare. I truly believe this brand can kick even Tabac's butt! I feel awful it's not available in North America, because if it were, it would be at the top of the top sellers! :wink: :wink: In Dutch, De Vergulde Hand means the Gilded Hand--in other words, this soap is GOLD!!!!!! Jeff
crackstar
0.11 star(s) 9 ratings
Views
Reviews
Boots is a well-known pharmacy chain in England, which has been around for many years, and sells their own brand of shaving stuff, as well as fragrances and I believe cosmetics. On Friday, I received a shaving soap in a nice black bowl from a gentleman in this group, and today, I gave it the test. I loaded a new Sharp blade in my Merkur Vision, had a nice hot shower, then after rewetting my face with hot water, and wetting my brush, I began swirling it in the soap bowl, and I was given some...
crackstar
0.25 star(s) 28 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is a treat for anyone who's after a shave stick that gives top quality lather, and great skincare during and after a shave, and costs next to nothing. It smells and feels just like its bowl counterpart, although it's a tallow based stick, whereas the bowl's glycerin based. True, at 50 ml, it's small, but it'll sure last a heck of a long time, and give several months of shaving enjoyment. :wink: Jeff you just can't beat this soap stick for scent, latherability, comfort, and overall...
crackstar
1.10 star(s) 82 ratings
Views
Reviews
I received a Palmolive soap stick as part of a HUGE shipment from my friend Rene (SSL Studio) in Holland this past week, and I decided to take a test lathering the other night. It's very easy to get it going, the soap smells nice, and it does a pretty darn good job of moisturizing as well. I had this stuff a few years ago, so I'm really no stranger to it! Another good point about it, it's very handy for travelling. :smile: Jeff
crackstar
1.33 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
I never heard of this soap until recently, when I met up with a couple of members of this board from Holland, where this soap is from. It's very attractively packaged, with a nice holder to keep the stick in place, and does it lather and smell nice! :smile: I can do a good 2 pass shave just with the lather on the brush, because it's a very rich, creamy lather. The scent is also very exotic, and it lingers! Dank U Viel, Rene! :wink: :smile: Jeff
crackstar
0.58 star(s) 38 ratings
Views
Reviews
This soap is quite well known here in Montreal, and I've noticed that this blue-bowled version is becoming more and more popular. The scent is completely different from it's black-bowled counterpart, definitely more perfumy, but nice, and I think the lather is very decent, although not as slick and creamy as other soaps that I have. The overall shave, moisturization and skincare are good as well. Price-wise, 5.99$ is not a prohibitive sum of money for a 125 ml bowl. This soap's good enough...
crackstar
0.73 star(s) 11 ratings
Views
Reviews
Here's another example of what I mean by "old-school" and traditional. This soap has been around since long before I was born. I can remember seeing it when I traveled to England, but since I was using other kinds like DR Harris, or Taylors, etc, I never gave it any thought. Well, I recently received a bowl, and I put it to the test this morning. I took a good shower, and then splashed some hot water on my face, and then after wrapping it in a hot towel for a few minutes, I took my Omega...
crackstar
0.07 star(s) 30 ratings
Views
Reviews
I remember I was in England a few years ago on a business trip, and I had to stop off at a pharmacy to buy some shampoo, and I'm sure I saw this cream, but I never thought of buying it. For quite a while, I was hooked on the 3 T's so I never gave the other English creams and soaps any thought, especially something like this one, because it's not expensive at all. It has a nice menthol scent, and very good lather, and a whopper of a cooling effect, which a tender skin would love. The...
crackstar
0.94 star(s) 32 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is one cream that I must say fits the description of "old school" or "traditional" The scent, which is very pleasant, is very close to Pinaud Clubman, the lather is rich and creamy, and the shave is very smooth and comfortable. Apparently, Erasmic has been around for many, many years. I'd heard about it, but I never tried it before, not even when I'd been in England where it's produced. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is into something no-frills and from yesteryear! Jeff
Top Bottom