Erasmic shave stick

Average User Rating:
0.25/5,
  • This is a treat for anyone who's after a shave stick that gives top quality lather, and great skincare during and after a shave, and costs next to nothing. It smells and feels just like its bowl counterpart, although it's a tallow based stick, whereas the bowl's glycerin based. True, at 50 ml, it's small, but it'll sure last a heck of a long time, and give several months of shaving enjoyment. :wink:

Jeff

you just can't beat this soap stick for scent, latherability, comfort, and overall performance. Pricewise, it's a godsend to anybody on a tight budget.

Jeff

guys, you might as well see what I'm talking about. Look how nice the box is, and how quaint and antique! Now, you know why I have this avatar! :wink:

Jeff

Frederik, I'm so happy you like the Erasmic stick. Very few guys actually don't, because it's just that kind of product--it makes you want to shave!

Jeff

Recent User Reviews

1. hillbilly pick
    1/5,
    "I use this in the shower as a face soap and pre-sh"
    Pros - Cheep, clean feeling and tight skin
    Cons - Drying, not great lather, chemicals
    I use this in the shower as a face soap and pre-shave prep. It leaves a slight waxy feeling on skin which is why I do not like it for shaving but I think that it makes as a decent face soap and I think using a shave soap as face soap pre-shave helps soften the whiskers more than other cleansers I have used.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    1/5,
    Lather:
    2/5,
    Quality:
    1/5,
    Efficacy:
    2/5,
    Moisturizing:
    1/5,
  2. Luc
    0/5,
    "I had the Erasmic Shave Stick on my list for a ver"
    Pros - Holder, classic soap
    Cons - Doesn't work
    I had the Erasmic Shave Stick on my list for a very long time. The Boots Shave Stick is also on my list but I will get that one later as I want to finish my current soaps before I introduce new ones. From my point of view, living outside the UK, I see Erasmic as a local British product. Those products are usually very well made and it's a name that has been around for a very long time.

When I was about to finish my 30 shaves with De Vergulde Hand Shave Stick, I saw many negative posting about that Stick. I thought that if the first ingredient is Tallow, it can't be that bad. Well, that's not exactly true. I used a product in the past named Fitjar Norwegian Fern shaving soap. The shave cream was great, the scent is fantastic, the performance is a big zero. I did not try that one as a stick yet so I might change my mind.

Anyways, back to Erasmic. First the scent, it's light and a bit lemony but not like Arko where it's screaming citronnella. I think that's nice. The price is also pretty good at $3 CDN for 1 stick (depending on where you buy it but that's what I paid).

The issues, it doesn't lather, it's really doesn't. I thought I was going to be able to do something it's either super light with big bubbles or too thick and falling apart. I tried a few different methods and using it as superlather was the only way but then, it's the other soap that saved it. Bottom line

Avoid this soap, it's not good!
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    3/5,
    Lather:
    0/5,
    Quality:
    0/5,
    Efficacy:
    0/5,
    Moisturizing:
    0/5,
  3. STJ529
    5/5,
    "It's the best of the best. The soap is top notch i"
    Pros - Lather, Slickness, Scent, Mosturization
    Cons - None
    It's the best of the best. The soap is top notch in every way. I highly recommend it.
    Price:
    4/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Lather:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Efficacy:
    5/5,
    Moisturizing:
    5/5,