What's new

Erasmic shave stick

Item Description

This is a treat for anyone who's after a shave stick that gives top quality lather, and great skincare during and after a shave, and costs next to nothing. It smells and feels just like its bowl counterpart, although it's a tallow based stick, whereas the bowl's glycerin based. True, at 50 ml, it's small, but it'll sure last a heck of a long time, and give several months of shaving enjoyment. :wink:

Jeff

you just can't beat this soap stick for scent, latherability, comfort, and overall performance. Pricewise, it's a godsend to anybody on a tight budget.

Jeff

guys, you might as well see what I'm talking about. Look how nice the box is, and how quaint and antique! Now, you know why I have this avatar! :wink:

Jeff

Frederik, I'm so happy you like the Erasmic stick. Very few guys actually don't, because it's just that kind of product--it makes you want to shave!

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Cheep, clean feeling and tight skin
Cons: Drying, not great lather, chemicals
I use this in the shower as a face soap and pre-shave prep. It leaves a slight waxy feeling on skin which is why I do not like it for shaving but I think that it makes as a decent face soap and I think using a shave soap as face soap pre-shave helps soften the whiskers more than other cleansers I have used.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Holder, classic soap
Cons: Doesn't work
I had the Erasmic Shave Stick on my list for a very long time. The Boots Shave Stick is also on my list but I will get that one later as I want to finish my current soaps before I introduce new ones. From my point of view, living outside the UK, I see Erasmic as a local British product. Those products are usually very well made and it's a name that has been around for a very long time.

When I was about to finish my 30 shaves with De Vergulde Hand Shave Stick, I saw many negative posting about that Stick. I thought that if the first ingredient is Tallow, it can't be that bad. Well, that's not exactly true. I used a product in the past named Fitjar Norwegian Fern shaving soap. The shave cream was great, the scent is fantastic, the performance is a big zero. I did not try that one as a stick yet so I might change my mind.

Anyways, back to Erasmic. First the scent, it's light and a bit lemony but not like Arko where it's screaming citronnella. I think that's nice. The price is also pretty good at $3 CDN for 1 stick (depending on where you buy it but that's what I paid).

The issues, it doesn't lather, it's really doesn't. I thought I was going to be able to do something it's either super light with big bubbles or too thick and falling apart. I tried a few different methods and using it as superlather was the only way but then, it's the other soap that saved it. Bottom line

Avoid this soap, it's not good!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather, Slickness, Scent, Mosturization
Cons: None
It's the best of the best. The soap is top notch in every way. I highly recommend it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)