Items by crackstar

This is a cream which I can honestly say, I heard a lot about, but when I bought it, as soon as I got it home, I was disappointed. The packaging's nothing but a paper box, the tube's a little nicer. The lather is acceptable, I guess, but I detest the scent. :frown: :frown: On top of that, it gave me a rash all over my neck, and left it feeling dry. I don't think I'd want to buy this stuff again. Jeff
crackstar
0.28 star(s) 71 ratings
Views
Reviews
What a nice cream this is, my Lord! I received it from my friend in Europe, and does this man ever know his creams! I remember seeing this stuff here in Montreal years ago, although I'd never really thought too much about it. I took a great shave with it this morning, and my face still feels smooth and soft. OK, the packaging's just a plain box, red in color, but what's inside the tube is what counts! Just a little on a brush, and wham! it lathers like crazy, it smells terrific, and the...
Within this present year, I've made friends with a few gentlemen in this group, one young man in particular who lives in Europe has sent me a lot of nice gifts. This cream until yesterday was unknown to me completely. The packaging is nothing fancy, just a plain box, the tube is a nice silvery-gray color, and the cream whips up into a nice, rich, efficient lather. There's definitely a cooling, fresh feeling while you shave, the scent is pleasant, and it has very good moisturizing qualities...
crackstar
0.60 star(s) 48 ratings
Views
Reviews
This soap is my dad's number one favorite, and has been for quite a while. I had it about 2 years ago, and I really liked it because it seemed to be a good traditional kind of shaving soap. I recently acquired 2 cakes of this stuff, and I shaved with it yesterday. Although the packaging is about the same as Surrey soap, with a plastic container, this soap sure does more for my skin than Surrey ever did. It produces a nice, slick, pleasant smelling bay rum lather, and makes it easy to get a...
I must say that this is one of the most wonderful shaving creams I ever used. It smells so nice, it lathers up perfectly with any brush, and is so soothing to the skin. Although I'm very lucky to have my sister-in-law working at one of the C & E boutiques here in Montreal, I have to rate the price as kind of steep, but this cream is pure elegance and luxury, and assures the user wonderful shaves. Jeff
crackstar
1.00 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is a brand that I regularly buy every time I go to Israel. It's definitely one of the most popular brands used over there. The cream which is green in color, comes in a big tube, price-wise, you can't really go wrong, the packaging is no-hell, just a plain box, but who cares! :lol: The scent is very pleasant, somewhat akin to Mennen Skin Bracer Original. The lather is rich, creamy and pleasant, and has good moisturization. I give it the double thumbs up grade. Jeff
crackstar
1.67 star(s) 15 ratings
Views
Reviews
I began using this great soap several years ago when I received it from my brother-in-law. I enjoyed it right off the bat, because it reminded me of my old-time Noxzema lather cream. Now, this soap hasn't got a fragrant scent, and perhaps it's just a bit lacking in the way of moisturization, but everything else about it makes it a winner! :smile: It's so nice and cooling, which makes for a terrific summer morning shave, and price-wise, 150 ml for just 7 bucks or so makes it almost a steal...
It was one of my employees who introduced this cream to me a few years ago when he gave me his tube because he switched to another kind. My first impression was it has a nice scent, lathers rich and creamy, and helps give a great shave. I'd like to point out this is another excellent choice for those who want quality without spending a lot of money. As I understand, this cream may not be available everywhere in the States. Jeff
It's really a pity that this stuff's non-existent where I live, because it's really a good shaving cream. OK, it's not a luxurious, elegant cream like Taylors, DR Harris, etc, but for such cheap money, it's still quite fine in my books. Anyone who's looking for a good no-frills, basic shaving cream without blowing his budget apart, this brand is ideal. Jeff
crackstar
0.87 star(s) 55 ratings
Views
Reviews
Here's another soap which is apparently unknown in North America. I received it as a gift from a friend of mine, and I had never even heard of it, until it got here. The first thing I noticed when I opened up the wrapping was it smelled of bitter almond, which I like, secondly, the consistency was like soft putty. So, I placed it in a mug, and the next morning after my shower, I used my Omega brush which I use for all my soaps. The bitter almond scent is very pleasant, and the lather is...
Gentlemen, I have always enjoyed trying different kinds of stuff from all over the world, a dear friend of mine sent me some great gifts recently, including this excellent shaving cream. OK, the packaging is a simple plastic jar, but who cares! The cream itself, is brown in color, has a heady, spicy, exotic oakmoss scent which goes very well for my body chemistry and swarthy skin, provides a great lather with just a little cream and some hot water, and a smooth, soothing, moisturizing shave...
I received this soap as a gift just yesterday, so I thought I'd give it the old college try this morning for my shave. I took a good shower, and then applied a hot towel on my face, then used my Savile Row brush for the lathering. Although it doesn't lather up with an explosion like Arko soap, or Gold-Dachs Spezial soap, I could easily forgive that, :cool: because the scent is lovely, something like a citrus-woody mix, it gives excellent moisturizing, preventing dryness, and that lousy...
crackstar
1.57 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
About 2 months ago, I received this great cream along with a whole bunch of other Arko products as a gift from a very good friend of mine. I was a little confused the first time I shaved with it, because as the name would imply, you'd expect it to be mentholated. This cream contains no menthol whatsoever, but it does smell wonderful, it has a scent that would remind you of the tropics, the lather it gives is enough for 2 men to shave with, and the shave you get is great. When you finish...
DR Harris is world-renowned for their wonderful shaving creams and soaps. A week ago, I picked up a bottle of their Bay Rum aftershave, and although I'd call it an elegant brand, it kind of disappointed me. First of all, the price is rather steep, and the scent is rather slim, even for an aftershave. Although I don't by any means bathe in it, I find that the bay rum scent tends to be scanty. The moisturizing effect is wonderful however, and it does a great job of killing razor burn.
crackstar
0.45 star(s) 44 ratings
Views
Reviews
:biggrin: :biggrin: I was so happy when I found out that this beautifully scented aftershave wasn't extinct. The last time I had it was 30 years ago, and did I ever miss it, until this past week, I received 2 bottles of it that I'd ordered. Everytime I splash it on, it reminds me of when I was a kid. I love the bay rum scent, it has a nice cooling sensation, and it's not expensive, and it's great to wear for the office. :thumbup: :thumbup: Jeff
crackstar
0.66 star(s) 82 ratings
Views
Reviews
I bought this soap just before Christmas last year at one of our big department stores after hearing many good reports about it. I must say that it's a top-of-the-line soap, it smells beautiful, lathers like a son-of-a-gun, gives an awesome shave, but it has 2 drawbacks, one small one, being that it leaves my skin a little on the dry side, and one rather big one, it's awfully expensive. Yet, I feel it's well worth trying. Jeff
:smile: Guys, I was born in 1954 in what used to be part of Poland, and is now part of Ukraine, and I left at a very young age. I went back a year ago but paid no attention to any shaving creams or other toiletries. This past September, a fella who lives in Krakow, Poland, who's a member of the wetshavers group sent me WARS shaving cream, which is big in Poland, and he also sent me this cream to try out. It's a very inexpensive, no-frills, and good basic cream, it lathers very well, smells...
crackstar
0.20 star(s) 40 ratings
Views
Reviews
Last September, I had met a gentleman on the Wetshavers Group forum living in Poland, who was telling me that Wars (pronounced VARS) is his favorite shaving cream for a long time. He offered to send me a tube to try out and after making the arrangements, the tube arrived with a second tube of another Polish-made shaving cream. When I opened the tube, the lemony, fresh scent delighted me, and the lather pleased me as well. It gave me a great smooth shave, and my skin felt comfortable and...
Another masterpiece from Evyap Industries, which I received as a gift, I began using it a week ago. The lather is great, the scent is beautiful, it's so soothing and gentle on the skin, that shaving is a pleasure. :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: The lather not only prevents irritation and razor burn, it gives a cooling feeling similar to menthol especially if you do a second lathering. I'm just head over heels in love with this company's products. Jeff
I remember the barber shop that dad used to take me for my haircuts when I was a young kid, and he'd take a haircut and a shave as well. I also remember the scent of the barbershop every time I'd walk in. This soap is called "Barber Salon", and for a good reason, the packaging has a barbershop pole on it, and it smells exactly like a barbershop did back in the 60's. This stuff has a nice lather, gives a smooth, close shave, although it could be a little more moisturizing. Price-wise, 12.50$...
Top Bottom