What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Palmolive soap stick

Item Description

I received a Palmolive soap stick as part of a HUGE shipment from my friend Rene (SSL Studio) in Holland this past week, and I decided to take a test lathering the other night. It's very easy to get it going, the soap smells nice, and it does a pretty darn good job of moisturizing as well. I had this stuff a few years ago, so I'm really no stranger to it! Another good point about it, it's very handy for travelling. :smile:

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Great value
Lathers in hard water
Nice slickness
Non-irritating fragrance
Cons: Can dry out the skin
There's good reason for the enduring popularity of the Palmolive Classic shaving stick. It is a fantastic value in the UK where it can routinely be found for well under £1. In the USA where it can be ordered online for roughly $3.50, the Palmolive stick still provides a respectable value for the 60+ shaves you can easily get out of a single stick.

I bring this stick along when I stay at parents' house during the summer where they have extremely hard Michigan well water (compared to my normal city water, which is very soft). I have no issues getting a great face lather even using my cheap, no-name travel boar brush. The lather is perfectly slick to shave with a DE and I get nice irritation-free shaves with this soap.

The scent of this shaving stick is similar to the green Palmolive bar soaps you can find as a 3-pack for $1 in dollar stores across the USA. You're not going to find a luxury fragrance here, but the Palmolive stick has a fairly unique, slightly vegetal "soapy" scent with a hint of spiciness to the aroma. Some fragrance ingredients tend to irritate my skin and I don't have that issue at all with Palmolive.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that every wet shaver try the Palmolive Classic shaving stick at least once. You really can't go wrong for the price. You might just find a new favorite that costs just pennies per shave!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: scent
Cons: lathering
Not a great stick, I had a lot more success with Tabac and Wilkinson sticks. It's pretty decent lathering, but definitely a bit thinner than the aforementioned products. I do like the scent and it's pretty cheap (although I got mine in a PIF). I would recommend it as a good traveling soap or a thick beard soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Affordable
Cons: Lather
I bought the Palmolive Soap Stick as my first foray into shaving soaps. Needed something that was affordable just in case I swung and missed. Very good value in my opinion.

Price: $4.99 (enough said)

Quality: Produces a very slick lather and seems to have great moisturizing properties.

Scent: Seems vaguely familiar. I would describe it as clean/fresh.

Lather: Could be my newbie technique or my brush, but I can't seem to get the frothy wad you see from others on this board.

Efficacy: Very slick lather, producing a very close shave.

Moisturizing: Works extraordinarily well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)