What's new

Ingram shaving cream

Item Description

I remember I was in England a few years ago on a business trip, and I had to stop off at a pharmacy to buy some shampoo, and I'm sure I saw this cream, but I never thought of buying it. For quite a while, I was hooked on the 3 T's so I never gave the other English creams and soaps any thought, especially something like this one, because it's not expensive at all. It has a nice menthol scent, and very good lather, and a whopper of a cooling effect, which a tender skin would love. The moisturization is also very good, and not much cream is needed to get a rich lather. This is an excellent example of no-frills, or "traditional quality". I give it :thumbup:

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Menthol smell
Cons: Dries on the skin very fast.
As another reviewer said, I really wanted to like this cream. I was using Erasmic and really liked it, but I wanted a menthol product.

It's certainly very menthol and cooling. It took twice the amount of cream to get the same bulk of lather that I get from Erasmic, but it does lather up well.

Unfortunately, the lather doesn't last on the face. It was quite thin and runny and took 2 or 3 applications per pass to give any kind of workable layer. Even then, it didn't last long.

I can't remember when I last drew so much blood! My face felt raw afterwards. If it makes any difference, I was using my Muhle R41

I hate waste, but after only 2 shaves I've had to admit defeat. I went out today and bought Palmolive cream. I've not tried it yet.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Price
Cons: Hard to lather, scent, not quite enough menthol
I decided to throw this in with a blade order from WCS a few months ago. I'm a menthol junkie, the price was right, and I saw a few good comments about it. I was torn between Lea Mentholated and this, so I gave this the nod.

Price: Very good, I've only seen Godrej, Arko, or Derby cheaper.

Quality: Well....I guess you get what you pay for in this case. Not near as good as Bigelow, or Godrej for that matter. Cream seems not to be as "solid" as others out of the tube.

Scent: Meh. Smells like Fruity Pebbles to me, which I don't even like as a cereal.

Latherability: Well, YMMV and what not, but I can't get near as good a lather as I can from Godrej or Bigelow. Maybe I'm using too much water, as the cream seems to have more water content as the two aforementioned creams.

Efficacy: Not very good, seems to take a lot of product to produce a lather.

Moisturizing Properties: Don't know, usually isn't an issue for me, anyhow.

Packaging: A metal tube, it is what it is!

Overall, the Godrej creams are better for the money (if you can find them locally). I don't like the smell, but that isn't even the dealbreaker. It just doesn't work very well on the whole. There are some other choices in this price range (Speick, Lea), and some excellent performers (Musgo, Bigelow, Proraso, La Toja, etc.) for just a few dollars more.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I picked a tube of Ingram menthol during a recent London trip. I liked it so much I bought four more tubes to take home.

My baseline for comparison is Proraso. Ingram lathers up better then Proraso using less product. The slickness is also superior to Proraso. The menthol smell is similar, although I find Proraso provides a more "bracing" cooling effect. The Ingram tends to dry faster on the face and may need a touch up in the process of a shave. This is not a problem as such little Ingram generates so much lather.

The best part is the price: much cheaper then Proraso. A 100ml tube of Ingram was about $2.60 USD, a little more then half the price of Proraso. Unfortunately the cheapest I find it in the U.S. is $7.00 USD a tube. For that price, the convenience of picking up a tube of C.O. Bigelow at BBW becomes more attractive.

If your ever in the UK I suggest you stock up!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)