Items by crackstar

One of the best shaving soaps anywhere, what a pity it might not be around very soon. It really works like a charm, the scent is delightful, the lather and everything else about it is truly tops. C & E lovers, hold off at your own risk! Jeff
I just came home 2 hours ago with this very attractively bowled soap, and I didn't waste any time giving it a test. This is something I seldom do, but seing that my beard stubble was already growing back, I decided to jump in a shower, and take a quick one pass N-S with this soap. It's very lightly scented, and the lather sure is rich and generous, and it leaves the skin nice and soft, and feeling clean. It also does a good job of moisturizing, so that's also a plus. :smile: It does cost...
Who says that expensive is always the best? Not me! I have tried many different kinds of creams as well as soaps, some which I paid as much as 40 bucks for, and others which I paid as little as 1 buck and a half for, and I can tell you that sometimes you're better off going for the cheapest stuff. I know someone personally living in Poland, who I do business with, and he sent me a tube of this cream, and I must say the scent is nothing to hit the ceiling about, but at least you'll get a...
I went shopping around for shampoo and a few other things for my wife at this health food store here in town, and I heard of this shaving cream many times before, but never really thought of trying it. That is, until today when I saw it was on special for 2.50$ CDN for a 120ml tube. I can't say a thing about the packaging, hell, it just comes in a plastic tube, but it sure cost me little enough, and latherability wise, it sure is rich and creamy, about the scent, I have the lavender and shea...
Another one of Mama Bear's beauties I received not long ago, from a gentleman here, I was anxious to try it out right away, and I was impressed! The scent is beautiful, it lingers a long time, it lathers wild and crazy, and the shave is first-rate. Perhaps the moisturizing could be stepped up a bit, otherwise, I want this soap in my rotation on a regular basis. Jeff
I received this soap from the generosity of a very nice fella on this board, and I'm very soon going to be sending him some goodies as a trade. When I first opened the bowl to have a sniff, I almost went through the ceiling. It's smells absolutely great! Spicy, exotic, and fiery! The lather is rich, creamy and foamy, the overall shave is smooth and comfortable, the moisturizing and skincare is very good too, although a tad less than a few other soaps I have. Still, definitely a heck of a...
I'm a very lucky man indeed to have a great friend who always sends me nice European-made soaps and creams. This lovely soap, which is made by www.olivia-seife.de surprised me. First of all, most of these soaps are amazing in skincare, they all smell very nice, but as a rule, they're not big latherers. This one, if you use a little extra water, and a bit more soap will give you plenty of rich, cedar-scented lather, and you'll get a smooth as silk close and let me emphasize COMFORTABLE and...
This is a soap which apparently some guys experienced irritation from, but for as sensitive as my hide is, I'm only able to say great things about it. I'd place it in the same category as my beloved Arko soap, a rich, spicy scent, almost exotic in nature, a great lather, and excellent razor glide. 20 swirls in the soap bowl will give enough lather for 5 guys to shave! Sue, keep up the great work my dear, this soap can blow away a lot of the top English brands! Jeff
I have a wonderful friend living in Europe who's been sending me all kinds of gifts since the winter. I received the soap version of this brand not long ago, and a couple of days ago, he sent me a jar of this fantastic shaving cream. I'd classify it as a damn good, no frills kind of brand, a lovely mild, light citrusy scent which is super for summer, the lather is great, not much cream at all is required, so the jar will last a long time. Moisturization and skincare are guaranteed for those...
Lately, I've had the opportunity to try out a whole slew of different kinds of shaving creams and soaps, because I found stores which sell stuff from just about everywhere in the world. This cream is German-made, and sells for very cheap, so it would be classified as no-frills, but it's still a good and adequate, if not luxurious brand. It has a clean, pleasant scent, it lathers nicely, provides plenty of soothing moisturization as well as a refreshing effect, and for shavers on a tight...
crackstar
0.31 star(s) 42 ratings
Views
Reviews
As we all know, Palmolive is known throughout the world. The US version is one of the biggest sellers over there, and there are several kinds of Palmolive cream from Europe, one of them being the Classic scent with palm oil which is sort of similar to the US kind, except that the scent is definitely nicer, and the lather is just as rich and creamy, and the moisturizing is equally as excellent. Pricewise, while not as cheap as the US kind, it's still quite reasonable. Jeff
I'm going to try to be as diplomatic as possible so as not to offend either the company who produces this cream, or whoever enjoys it. I bought it last year before Christmas, and I figured that for 30 dollars, I'd be getting the real deal! Well, to put it mildly, I was extremely disappointed. The lather is almost non-existant, the scent is sort of half-decent, and it does give fair, if not great moisturizing. This is not a brand I'd buy again. Jeff
This is an oddly-named cream in the sense that the scent is not what it's listed as. The way I see it, it has a nice, clean, soapy scent, sort of like the Arko soap stick. The lather is rich and creamy,the moisturizing and comfort are definitely there, and price-wise, I always said, you can't beat Arko! I was surprised at the scent when I shaved with this stuff for the first time, I was expecting a fresh burst of lemon, but as I said, instead I was greeted with a pleasant soapy, clean one...
This cream which is Pakistani made is sold in many East Indian stores here in Montreal. Unfortunately, the only things I can say which are positive about it are that it's cheap, it smells fairly nice, and it does produce a decent lather, but at least for me, I found it dried out my skin and left it irritated. Definitely not a brand I'd buy again. :frown: Jeff
crackstar
0.41 star(s) 44 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is one brand of shaving cream made in Canada which I really enjoy when I'm able to get a hold of it. I can't say a heck of a lot about the packaging, it's a huge white, blue and red jar, but the cream itself has a nice light lemony scent, and does it ever lather like mad! :eek: :eek: It gives fantastic moisturizing and comfort, and it's not expensive. It's very difficult to find it now, I last saw it in a barbershop I used to go to a couple of years ago. Jeff
crackstar
0.55 star(s) 162 ratings
Views
Reviews
I don't know what it is about this stuff that doesn't connect! I love the scent, and heaven knows it's as cheap as can be, but every time I buy it, I wind up scraping it out of the bowl and using it as shower soap. I just can't get it to lather up right no matter what I do. :mad3: Jeff Ken, Randy, I'll agree on that with you, for a small amont of money like that, you can't expect the world. The scent is very pleasant as well, Ken, you're right, it does have a resemblance to Arlington...
crackstar
0.67 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
I bought this stuff at an East Indian supermarket recently, and I'm sort of impressed with it. It's cheap enough, and it lathers like there's no tomorrow, but the scent is weird to say the least, kind of like a spice rack. However, again, a little on your brush will give more than enough lather to do a 3 pass shave, and the moisturization is excellent, and it's very, very good if your skin is sensitive. Definitely a good tight budget cream. The tube is light blue with a man's face on it, and...
This is a cream which I received as a birthday gift a couple of weeks ago. I remember using the deodorant and bath soap, and also the aftershave quite a few years ago, but I was very pleasantly surprised to know there was also a shaving cream bearing this name and scent. It comes in a dark green tube, and has a lovely fresh scent, and a small amount on a brush quickly blows up into a rich fragrant lather. Definitely a brand I'd try to obtain again. Jeff
Guys, I must have tried close to 100 different brands of creams and soaps in the last couple of years. This a shaving cream from Pakistan which is sold here in many East Indian stores, it's very reasonably priced, it comes in a plain paper box. The cream's a light green color like Palmolive, and it has a nice rich lather, and pleasant, clean scent. It's a decent brand, which definitely gives a smooth, close shave, although it can use a little more pasteurizations, otherwise, I'd recommend...
Here's a perfect example of no-frills quality. I received this cream this past week as a gift, and although the packaging's nothing special, and the scent is rather plain, the latherability, moisturization, and comfort more than make up for it. This cream will give even the most ultra sensitive skin a soothing, gentle and comfortable shave, and provide excellent lubrication as well. Jeff
Top Bottom