What's new

Boots shaving soap

Item Description

Boots is a well-known pharmacy chain in England, which has been around for many years, and sells their own brand of shaving stuff, as well as fragrances and I believe cosmetics. On Friday, I received a shaving soap in a nice black bowl from a gentleman in this group, and today, I gave it the test. I loaded a new Sharp blade in my Merkur Vision, had a nice hot shower, then after rewetting my face with hot water, and wetting my brush, I began swirling it in the soap bowl, and I was given some real good lather. The scent is pleasant, somewhat lemony, somewhat minty, and this soap also has a good skincare, so I'd say even though it's not an elegant brand, I'd definitely endorse and recommend it. :smile: :thumbup:

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Great plastic bowl that locks
Cons: Lousy lather
Very disappointing product. The scent is not too bad, quite lemony, and the price was right. But the lather that is generated at least at my residence, was no good. Not very thick, not at all slick. Will do the job in a pinch but there are many better alternatives.

The best thing about this product is the plastic bowl. It's great. I threw the soap out and filled the bowl with Gillette lemon lime cream...works great!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
I've tried quite a few soaps since frequenting these boards. Spending anywhere from £2 to £40 for a puck of soap. This one produced by Boots for £2 is really quite a pleasant soap and lathers like crazy and gives a very decent shave. Its new to my shave den so i don't know how long it lasts but generally soaps tens to last longer than creams any way.

You can buy this soap in a black plastic holder which just looks cheap or just as a refill which you can then put in your shaving mug (sits in my mug perfectly) or wood shave bowl if you have one.

Because of the price, the nice Old Spice style smell and its ability to produce a good lather i'm giving this puck of soap a 10/10. Next time i'm in Boots i'll be buying a couple of spares. Far nicer than the Palm Olive IMHO.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is £2 for a cake and is really good. Scent's not a big thing for me in soaps or creams, hence the n/a. Ditto "moisturising". This gives a good thick lather and ensures a great shave at a tiny price. Much better than Palmolive cream, which is ok but runs out really quickly as you need to use so much. The Boots soap works well on its own but I superlathered today with it and Cade cream to great effect.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)