Items by crackstar

Many thanks to Classicshaving for carrying such a wonderful shaving soap. I have a funny feeling that it's a twin brother of Gold-Dachs Spezial, but I can't be too, too sure! :biggrin: It's such a fine soap, I mean the scent, latherability and moisturization and overall shaving results are incredible. The only gripe if you could call it a gripe is the price. Other than that, wunderbar! Jeff
crackstar
0.50 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've always enjoyed the DR Harris line, I started to use it a couple of years ago, and I was fortunate enough to purchase DR Harris almond shaving cream. This cream is very pleasantly scented with a cherry-almond fragrance, and does it ever lather rich and thick! My skin tends to be very sensitive, so I find the ingredients to be perfect for my complexion. I would very highly recommend this cream to anyone who wants to get into wetshaving. Jeff
crackstar
0.82 star(s) 17 ratings
Views
Reviews
Around a year ago, I bought DR Harris Arlington shaving cream in a store selling all kinds of high-end English creams and soaps. I was immediately impressed with the lather ability and ease of shave with this cream. The scent is a bit weak in the cream, and maybe the moisturizing could be a teeny touch better, but everything else about this stuff is wonderful. Jeff
I sincerely hope and pray I'm not offending anyone with this review, but this is the most worthless, waste of money I ever had except to say that it's very cheap. I think bath soap would perform better than Colgate. Jeff
A month ago, I had Surrey Deluxe shaving soap, which I would have sworn was Col. Conk from the packaging. It's what I'd call a decent, but not a great soap. The lather is fairly rich, the shave is ok, but I find it quite drying to my sensitive skin. With respect to the company which produces it, and to other members of this group who enjoy it, I think I'll just say it's not really for me. Jeff
crackstar
1.33 star(s) 3 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've had the chance to test a lot of different creams and soaps, and I've also had access to brands imported from Europe and even the Middle East. Olivia Bay Rum cream is made in Germany by Olivia Seife, and is available in several different scents. I've got the bay rum scented cream, and it lathers well, smells amazing, (I love bay rum!) gives a nice smooth shave. :thumbup1: I find it just a bit lacking in moisturizing, but otherwise, I would highly recommend it. Jeff
crackstar
0.67 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
:smile: :smile: :smile: Today, for the first time, I shaved with Arko Moist shaving cream, one of my recent acquisitions. I know you gentlemen are probably wondering, how is it that every brand from Arko is being rated 10/10 by me? Well the answer is simple: In my honest opinion, that's what I feel they deserve! I took my shower this morning, and then when I stepped out and prepared my razor, I rinsed my face with hot water again, and applied a little of the Arko Moist to my Kent brush. I...
crackstar
0.31 star(s) 13 ratings
Views
Reviews
I can't forget the first time I shaved with this soap. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the packaging, just a plain metal container, but did I ever freak out when I wrapped my brush around this soap, did I ever love the scent, and lather and everything about it. Just the price and lack of availabilty are a drawback. Jeff
I have never seen such a fine shaving cream for such little money. This stuff is enough to want to make me abandon my Taylors, DR Harris, and other premium English creams. The scent, latherability, etc are impeccable. Jeff
Top Bottom