What's new

Handmade for You Cool Water type shave soap

For me, this soap is an excellent buy. I have been using the puck variety made by an ebay seller named VA_SUDS, and have a very high regard for it. The price is $11.00 for 3 soaps inc shipping. It lathers into a luxurious foam, and stays frothy for a long period. This particular scent is the "bees knees" for me. The duration is wonderful as well. Last month I traveled constantly and used this soap exclusively and with 30 shaves it has outlasted my tube of Proraso. My only beef is that it is glycerine based, but I can live with that.

I use a vintage "Montage Fine" 23mm Badger Brush that my uncle bought in France during WWII. I also use a vintage Shick saftey razor that my Dad gave me, as well as a Mach 3, and it performs well with both.

Overall I think this soap rocks, but does not "feel" the same as the more recognized shaving soaps due to it's composition, and that is its only drawback. I can only imagine how this soap will perform with a new brush.

Cheers!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Another gift among MANY others I received a couple of weeks ago, this glycerin based soap also would remind a shaver of Col. Conk soaps, but the performance is even better, with very good moisturization.

Jeff
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing