What's new

Erasmic shaving soap

Item Description

Here's another example of what I mean by "old-school" and traditional. This soap has been around since long before I was born. I can remember seeing it when I traveled to England, but since I was using other kinds like DR Harris, or Taylors, etc, I never gave it any thought. Well, I recently received a bowl, and I put it to the test this morning. I took a good shower, and then splashed some hot water on my face, and then after wrapping it in a hot towel for a few minutes, I took my Omega brush, wet it, and swirled it around in the bowl for a around 20 seconds, and began to lather up. The scent is awesome, it's so pleasant, fresh, and clean, something like what you'd expect in a barbershop from the 60's or even the 50's. I then used my Dovo straight razor, and I made sure I went nice and slowly to thoroughly enjoy the experience. After the shave, I rinsed off, a splash of Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave made me feel just super! All I can say is wowwwwwww! This soap is to die for! It shows that sometimes, in fact quite often, what our fathers and grandfathers used is just as good, and possibly even better.

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Insanely cheap, great smell, darned good soap
Cons: The package it's in
This arrived in the post around a week ago.
Got it out the envelope, went to open it and managed to break the lid before I had used it!
The packaging is the only thing that is a disappointment, but for me this was the only thing about this product that was a let down.
Had to find another vessel, melt the soap (it's glycerin based - so this is an easy process) and pour it into it's new home.
For everything else, it was all smiles.
That smell, that real old school smell reminding me of grandad getting ready to go out for his Sunday pilgrimage to the pub...
The lather, easy to create with a brush... Stays well, feels real great on the skin.
Think I have found a good go to for those days when you're in an old school state of mind... Good stuff
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I thought at the price (£2.19 in Lloyds Pharmacy), it was worth a punt, although I assumed it wouldn't be up to much.

I was wrong.

This is the first time I've tried a soap, and found it easier to lather than cream. I don't use a bowl, just face lather, but swirling a £10 Kent bristle brush over the top of this stuff and it was lathering up like a fury in seconds. Very easy to use.

The shave was nice and close, no drying out of the skin.

I love the smell, a very clean old barber-shoppy type smell, just a shame it doesn't last a bit longer. The tub is cheap plastic, but as they say, don't judge a book by it's cover.

The contents are marvellous. Recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Got this together with a stick and an Erasmic boar brush. Comes in a plastic tub, 75 grams. It is a glycerine soap (stick is tallow). Scents is about the same as the stick, but a bit stronger. Like it. The lather is also a bit "stronger" than what I get from the stick. Like the stick this does a good job: the razor glides smoothly over my face. Get comfortable, close shaves with it. Afterwards my face feels good. Good soap, worth a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)