What's new

JM Fraser's shaving cream

Item Description

This is one brand of shaving cream made in Canada which I really enjoy when I'm able to get a hold of it. I can't say a heck of a lot about the packaging, it's a huge white, blue and red jar, but the cream itself has a nice light lemony scent, and does it ever lather like mad! :eek: :eek: It gives fantastic moisturizing and comfort, and it's not expensive. It's very difficult to find it now, I last saw it in a barbershop I used to go to a couple of years ago.

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: super cheap, amazing lather, good scent, 450ML!
Cons: none
This is absolutely amazing stuff considering the price you pay. I was able to get a lather that I think beats Musgo and TOBS, and those are two big name shaving creams. The scent, like others have said, is a fake lemony scent. It's still nice though. Print on the packaging smeared very easily, but the tub is otherwise fine. Oh yeah, I haven't even gotten to the best part yet. You get 16 ounces of shaving cream in one tub. It'll last forever even if you use it everyday. One of shavings better kept secrets.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Good quality shaving cream by all standards. The citrus scent (similar to lemon sorbet ice cream) is very nice in the jar, but not on my face: when I lather, shave and rinse, it has an Indian cury spice smell (the closest description that I can offer)! Simply smells odd on my skin. The packaging, aka plastic jar, is very generic (resembles automotive grease containers) but simple. It lathers as richfully and easily as my proraso classic cream. I prefer my Proraso classic cream, although J.M. Fraser has better value (double the value than proraso). Worth a try, folks. You might love it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, quantity and performance
I've had three shaves with this cream and have no complaints. Good latherability, mild scent and just the right amount of slickness.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)