What's new

Wilkinson Sword

Item Description

Price: I found these blades to be really expensive, especially when there are other blades half the price.

Quality: Quality is good. What i would expect from any blade at least.

Sharpness: This is where i find these blades a bit dissapointing. I find that they lack the sharpness and they always give me a bit more irritation than other blades.

Longetivity: Consistent performer. Last just as long as other blades that i have tried.

Smoothness of shave: They dont seem to be a match for me. Can be a bit rough on my face.

Packaging: Very good quality packaging.

Overall i found these blades to be ok. Especially if you have run out and cant find your favourite ones. But the price i think is just a bit to dear at 8 dollars australian dollars.

Latest reviews

Pros: Sharp, smooth, good blades
Cons: There are better blades
I want a close shave with no irritation, anything milder than an IP doesn't really give a close enough shave and anything sharper than an Astra is too likely to cause burn.

A Wilkinson has the sharpness of an IP and the aggressiveness of a Derby, but a Derby is sharper and an IP is milder.

Wilkinsons are good blades with a nice combination of mildness and closeness so I don't have a problem with them they're nice and I'm happy to use one. But they're just sub optimal compare to other blades I can use milder blades which are just as sharp or sharper blades which are just as mild.

I think they'll always be readily available in the UK so I'm glad they're a blade that I find perfectly acceptable but whilst there are better available I won't be using them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: The UK made blades are great.
Cons: The German made ones are terrible
I got a pack of UK made WS with a Slim that I bought on Ebay. I loved those blades, so when I ran out I started looking around for some replacements. That is when I found out that the UK factory had been shut down and you could only buy the German made blades. I figured I would try them out and see if they were as good. They are not. I got 2 awful shaves out of the blade before I threw it away and grabbed a Derby. The blade seemed very dull and I needed more passes than normal to remove the hair. After many extra passes, I was left with a shave that I would rate as tolerable. Seriously it was about as good as an electric razor shave. The only positive I have about this blade is that the aftershave didn't burn at all when I was done. Granted this was probably because the blade wasn't sharp enough to do anything to my skin, but still I'll say that's a positive.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Package?
Cons: Not sharp
Not for a strong beard, just feels like piece of metal dragging across your face.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)