What's new

Palmolive Classic (European version) shaving cream

Item Description

As we all know, Palmolive is known throughout the world. The US version is one of the biggest sellers over there, and there are several kinds of Palmolive cream from Europe, one of them being the Classic scent with palm oil which is sort of similar to the US kind, except that the scent is definitely nicer, and the lather is just as rich and creamy, and the moisturizing is equally as excellent. Pricewise, while not as cheap as the US kind, it's still quite reasonable.

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Cheap, Slick, Easy to lather.
Cons: None I can think of.
I absolutely love this cream. At least where I live (England) it can be picked up for £1.50 for a 100ml tube, and it requires just as little to lather that as any more expensive creams. The shave is definitely on par with the higher end creams I have tried and in some cases it beats them. A small amount of this and you will have the makings of a good lather, but add a little water and it explodes into copious amounts of foam.

As for the shave itself, this cream provides great protection, and I have never had any issues such as irritation when using it, and considering that some high end creams (such as TOBS) sometimes don't protect me as well as this, I would say that makes it a winner. The only real edge that other creams may have is scenting, since this one seems to have a light soapy smell. It is not a fabulous smell, but it is nice and clean.

Honestly considering the price I cannot recommend this product enough, especially when you consider that (at least where I live) you could get ten tubes of this versus one tub of certain higher end creams, and this one will still make for a great shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Palmolive Refreshing Lemon Shave Cream
Cons: None
This Refreshing Lemon shave cream has a very nice scent, not too strong. I t lathers and mosturizes great like all the Palmolive creams.

At a very reasonable price you get a thick, long lasting lather which easily lasts for three passes with my Merkur 34C Razor.

I really have nothing bad to add about this cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Moisture,creamy lather,prize
Cons: soapy smell
It is really cheap so I would recommend it for newbies to learn how to lather. Keeps good in the scuttle,doesn´t dry up. Even on the skin keeps fine but the smell is really like shower or hand soap.Also the aluminium tube if it falls gets those dents that makes it a bit more difficult to squeeze in an "orderly manner". I like it,but nothing to write home about.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)