What's new

Gillette Aristocrat

Item Description

Great razor. Some bargains can still be found on this razor.

Latest reviews

Pros: mild but efficient
Cons: price
These seem hard to come by and it's a shame. It's not a game changer in the razor world, but it certainly is a looker. It's well made, a slightly thicker handle than most Gillette razors and I think the no-notch blade posts fit more snuggly than the notched ones.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice Hefty well built Razor that shaves better than most.
Cons: Will bite if not used correctly.
This is one sweet shaving razor. The Aristocrat has a little more blade exposure than most TTO designs and thus shaves a bit more aggressive. But the weight of the razor combined with the way the blade is locked in gives most blade types their best shaves in this razor. It is smoother than a Red Tip and about as aggressive if not a bit more aggressive.

It is smoother than a Tech or a NDC SS, it is smoother than a Slim. It is the one TTO razor that to me is the best Gillette made with solid guard bars.

Some say the Sheraton shaves better, I can't say for sure as I don't own a Sheraton, but I do know its the best TTO I have ever used.

The only thing that keeps me from using mine everyday is fear of wearing the Gold plate off.

Otherwise this thing would be used much more often.

It does bite if not handled well so maybe not the best razor for learning on, but it will serve very well if you have some experience.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Balance and solid feel.
Cons: None
I have the 1948-1950 notched model of the Gillette Aristocrat. I paid a premium price as it was re-plated. It was worth it. I have a medium to heavy beard and I shave with a Feather blade. The balance, the substantial feel, and the high quality appearance of this razor is outstanding. I envision this is what a "non-adjustable medium aggression Fat Boy" would be like. The shaves are outstanding. The Gillette Aristocrat is one of my favorites.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
2.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)