What's new

DocHoliday0831's journey into the abyss.

Mail call day!!!!!

Thanks @NurseDave and @Smattayu

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3/5/18

No way in the world I’m skipping a shave.

When I got home and that mail call was opened I just knew I had to get some me time.

Lineup as follows

CBL unscented preshave soap
CC sandstorm bowl
Kate (I just needed a BBS shave)
Kai Titan Protouch 5
Brand new most beautiful brush I’ve ever seen Smattayu cashmere
(@Smattayu this thing is an absolutely beautiful work of art pictures can not do justice to it at all)
WWSC Aces & Eights thanks to @NurseDave
Leftover lather for post

Kate gives me the most effortless BBS of any razor I have and she has no preference to blade at this point. I believe I could get a BBS with any AC blade made but some just last longer and have better feel for me.

This brush and its brother could easily become my favorite ones. They are visually appealing and work very very well. I believe I would update one of my interviews where if I was stuck on an island I would have to have my Smattayu cashmere, Kate, Feather Pro blades, and some form of SV soap and post. If I could have a preshave product it would be something made by CBL.

Thanks for reading, have a great Tuesday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Hopefully I can take the new tuxedo one for a spin tonight

I will be curious to see how you lather that Windsor. I couldn't get the pucks to lather real well, but the shave sticks I can.

3/6/18

Different kind of good

CBL Vetiver Rosemary preshave soap
Stirling boar brush
CC sandstorm bowl
DR Harris Windsor soap
Feather SS will name this one after I decide on scale material
Kai Titan Protouch 6
Thayer’s
I coloniali balm
Uncle John’s Gravity splash

Let me first say that I was able to get “lather” from the Windsor but it wasn’t what I would say is the peak of what it could be. Need to definitely work on fine tuning this stuff. Either too much water or not enough couldn’t find that sweet spot tonight.

Overall I got an almost BBS with no cuts, weepers, irritation, or otherwise negative impact from 3 full passes on the SS. I would say this shave was an absolute success. Overall I’m counting this as Straight shave #12, so further posts will reflect that by the date

Planning a camp out for kindergarten age kids is an interesting adventure in and of itself. I am looking forward to it this Saturday night though. Hopefully we can get some advancements done during this meeting so that the boys can kind of relax into the summer and won’t have to cram all the advancement materials in at the last minute.

Thanks for joining the trip to the dark but well fragranced abyss. Have a great and wonderful Wednesday my friends. Prayers and God’s blessings for each of you.

Great mail call, TJ! I totally dig the Windsor scent, but the soap can be a challenge. The cream version is fantastic.

Great mail call, TJ! I totally dig the Windsor scent, but the soap can be a challenge. The cream version is fantastic.
The scent is very appealing. For sure it is a challenging soap to lather. Thanks Chris
Nice shave TJ! English soaps can be a challenge to lather.
Thanks Craig
Great shave. Can't wait to see what you do with the scales.
Me either on the scales there are tons of options running around in my head at the moment.

Top Bottom