What's new

Starting over with new gear

PXL_20240310_084812996.jpg
Razor: 921-H
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Zenith 507BC/ORO MB (Manchurian)
Soap: Stirling - Sandpiper
Pre: PAA Cube 2.0 (Uncented)
Post: Thayers Witch Hazel Toner, Nivea Sensitive Pro After Shave Balm & Face Cream
Notes: Very good shave. First time using a GSB in the 921-H. First impressions are excellent, this is the best combination yet. Let's see if this is holds true in following shaves with other soaps.

Using the new Zenith Manchurian & Semogue SOC Taj exclusively to break them in faster. If one of them is not used the other gets lathered up with Arko for 5 minutes and then a good rub on a towel when drying. Maybe not needed but I always use an afro comb after each use to keep the bristles from tangling.

The Zenith gets less prickly for each shave. The Semogue is breaking in faster than any other previously owned boar brush. It will rival my horse hair brush in softness soon if this continues.

Regarding the PAA Cube 2.0. It works very well softening and prepping the skin and hair before a shave. I currently use it to as a normal soap first to clean. After rinsing of I apply more before starting the shave. The problem is if I let it sit on the skin for 30 seconds or more i get a slight burning/rash sensation. Next time I'll just go straight to applying lather after rinsing instead to see if it makes any difference.

Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner (unscented) is the most recent addition. After a cold water rinse removing remaining soap I apply the witch hazel. It tightens up the skin and have disinfecting properties which seems to help with sporadic acne.

Nivea Sensitive Pro After Shave Balm & Face Cream works well with my sensitive skin. Many other skin products give me acne and irritation.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
View attachment 1809883
Post: Thayers Witch Hazel Toner, Nivea Sensitive Pro After Shave Balm & Face Cream
Notes: Very good shave. First time using a GSB in the 921-H. First impressions are excellent, this is the best combination yet. Let's see if this is holds true in following shaves with other soaps.

Using the new Zenith Manchurian & Semogue SOC Taj exclusively to break them in faster. If one of them is not used the other gets lathered up with Arko for 5 minutes and then a good rub on a towel when drying. Maybe not needed but I always use an afro comb after each use to keep the bristles from tangling.

The Zenith gets less prickly for each shave. The Semogue is breaking in faster than any other previously owned boar brush. It will rival my horse hair brush in softness soon if this continues.

Regarding the PAA Cube 2.0. It works very well softening and prepping the skin and hair before a shave. I currently use it to as a normal soap first to clean. After rinsing of I apply more before starting the shave. The problem is if I let it sit on the skin for 30 seconds or more i get a slight burning/rash sensation. Next time I'll just go straight to applying lather after rinsing instead to see if it makes any difference.

Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner (unscented) is the most recent addition. After a cold water rinse removing remaining soap I apply the witch hazel. It tightens up the skin and have disinfecting properties which seems to help with sporadic acne.

Nivea Sensitive Pro After Shave Balm & Face Cream works well with my sensitive skin. Many other skin products give me acne and irritation.
I use Thayers Unscented after every shave. :thumbup1:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
View attachment 1809883

Is your Cube 2.0 unscented but with menthol? I ask because I ordered the mentholated by mistake once and it did give me a burning sensation on my skin.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It's unscented and still I get a burning sensation if left on the skin for more than ~30 sec. Will try not reapply after washing my skin with the Cube and see if that helps.
I don't think I communicated that clearly... You can order the unscented Cube in both mentholated and non-mentholated... It looks the same.. both are black.. it isn't the other super duper Ice Cube mentholated.. I'll link the page and you can see, you can select either mentholated or non-mentholated.

I ordered the wrong once.. hence the questions.

It's unscented and still I get a burning sensation if left on the skin for more than ~30 sec. Will try not reapply after washing my skin with the Cube and see if that helps.
I looked at the ingredient list for the Cube and it does contain soybean oil. Some people are allergic to soybeans. Do you know if you are having a sensitivity to soybeans? or if you have a nut sensitivity? There is also almond oil in there.

If you are going to work on these straights later, I suggest you do a quick clean up now. Your goal is to just remove the current active rust, so they don’t get more damaged.

You can use 0000 steel wool and some metal polish. Work the rust areas until the orange is gone, or turns black. Wipe off the polish and oil them lightly. Store in a relatively dry environment.

I don't think I communicated that clearly... You can order the unscented Cube in both mentholated and non-mentholated... It looks the same.. both are black.. it isn't the other super duper Ice Cube mentholated.. I'll link the page and you can see, you can select either mentholated or non-mentholated.

I ordered the wrong once.. hence the questions.

Sorry, it's non-mentholated.

I looked at the ingredient list for the Cube and it does contain soybean oil. Some people are allergic to soybeans. Do you know if you are having a sensitivity to soybeans? or if you have a nut sensitivity? There is also almond oil in there.
Maybe soybeans. No nut sensitivity.

If you are going to work on these straights later, I suggest you do a quick clean up now. Your goal is to just remove the current active rust, so they don’t get more damaged.

You can use 0000 steel wool and some metal polish. Work the rust areas until the orange is gone, or turns black. Wipe off the polish and oil them lightly. Store in a relatively dry environment.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll do that ASAP.

Brush: Semogue - SOC Taj
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Notes: First time using MWF. Comparable to Haslinger Schafmilch. My first impressions are that it takes more time to get a good lather. Better slickness than Schafmilch but not as creamy. Will try different techniques and brushes to get the most out of MWF.

PXL_20240313_114425276.jpg

Brush: Semogue - SOC Taj
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Notes: First time using MWF. Comparable to Haslinger Schafmilch. My first impressions are that it takes more time to get a good lather. Better slickness than Schafmilch but not as creamy. Will try different techniques and brushes to get the most out of MWF.

View attachment 1811650
Did you have any reaction to MWF?

Top Bottom