What's new

Blackland Blackbird or Blackbird Ti

We do have some Lite plates in brass still. But we’ve discontinued brass and have stopped offering it as a standard part of our lineup. We’re moving to a drop model and will release small batches periodically instead of having brass always available.

Thank you for the update and for the wonderful razors.

Just pulled the trigger on the Lite baseplate.

Mmm, I see this thread is still going alive and well. I appreciate all of the feedback from everybody, it has been very well received and noted!

I am going to wait on getting the Blackbird, I think it is best for me to focus on my technique in the interim and get consistently good.

Currently, I purchased the Game Changer SB .84 at many people's recommendation... while waiting for the GC to come in, I learned that the Muhle R41 head also fits on the GC handle, so I bought it on amazon for $20 to see how terrifying it really was in person.

To be honest, the Muhle R41 has become my favorite and go to razor. It is so efficient and smooth, I am not sure why people are afraid of it. I rarely bleed past a few weepers, and typically shave once/day or every other day... I just still don't have the angle completely dialed in - sometimes I have a BBS unbelievably smooth shave with it, other times it feels like I am scraping the head vs letting it glide, others I am too heavily weighted on the cap.. but it has been awesome.

Does anybody that has the Muhle R41 and BB have a comparison for the two?

Does anybody that has the Muhle R41 and BB have a comparison for the two?
I have both razors in the steel version. I can get pretty much the same shave with both, with the difference being that BB, I'll get it easier. A significant advantage will Muhle R41 GS, if the beard has many days of growth. The R41 can handle it very easily, even with a monthly beard.

I too will promote consideration of the SS Lupo series. Upon purchasing and using the Lupo DC (open comb .72 on one side, safety bar .95 on the other), I ended up selling a Timeless polished SS 95OC, and my Blackbirds (SS OC & SB). The Lupo is the most agile razor I know, and with the DC version the options abound. Sometimes I ride the bar/comb, sometimes "neutral", sometimes I ride the cap (carefully). Sometimes 72OC exclusive, sometimes... you get it I'm sure. I also have a Lupo 95OC which is even more efficient, but if I could keep only one razor, it would be my Lupo DC.

View attachment 1811717View attachment 1811718
Can this be used at a shallow angle? I can't shave steep as my face gets irritated and red. I never knew this exsisted and am now intrigued. Is it super aggressive or on the medium spectrum? I'll have to really look into this. I'm also looking into possibly trying a ti blackbird at somepoint.

Top Bottom