What's new

DocHoliday0831's journey into the abyss.

After many many many hours of practice without a blade in the razor I found the combo of grip and vision as well. Once I practiced with it like that until I was completely confident I could repeat the results I put in a plastic “blade” that I cut out and rounded the edge on. Once I felt the angle was right I practiced like that.

The judges are still conferring on this shave. Progress made without blood shed or irritation may have to be disqualified. ;)

And by that I mean, strong work TJ

Outstanding! :thumbup:
Thanks Chris
Thanks Rich
The judges are still conferring on this shave. Progress made without blood shed or irritation may have to be disqualified. ;)

And by that I mean, strong work TJ
Ha ha I took inspiration from you good sir. The buttering toast comments from your journal helped quite a bit thanks Dave my friend.
Great job TJ. That was some great planning to get used to it.

Thanks Don. It was more I was tired of leaking fluids all over my boss’s counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B6C8FAC0-C064-4FAC-845A-D16FD63DCE10.gif

Great shave and read Don!

I’m thinking I should get something in the 1/4” thickness range and 2” wide and 6-8 inches long and could make both halves and the rear spacer from that. Thoughts from you guys?
I found a piece of red oak, with a nice tight grain, at Home Depot that was 36" x 2" x 1/2". It was less than 4 bucks. IMHO it was a great piece to start out on. If I screwed it up I still had enough material for another set. I did screw up the 1st ones as I was attempting to thin them. FYI you can do the shaping by hand with sand paper. Much less chance of removing too much material. The results are the Clyde Twinworks 50¾.

3/3/18

No shave last night after the Literacy Carnival at my oldest sons school. So before our grocery trip today I decided to take some me time to beat back the evil whiskers.

CBL Lavender chill preshave
Omega boar brush
SV Dolomiti soap
CC sandstorm bowl
Feather SS
Kai Protouch 4
Thayer’s
I coloniali balm
SV Dolomiti aftershave

Another DFS with no blood, irritation, or burn. I do enjoy these straight shaves but get way closer with my “Kate”. Not saying I’m giving up though I really do intend on getting to the point of BBS with a straight. Three full cheek passes and two on the neck. I believe I will count this as a successful day. I believe this was straight shave 10 total and maybe 3 of them didn’t have fluid loss.

Thanks for reading have a great Saturday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

i bought SV too on CBL's recommendation and it's fabulous stuff that i look forward to using each time. Getting consistent shaves that don't involve cuts is hard!

T

A friend with a new to him big boy lathe made them. The Red colored one is Padauk with a cashmere synthetic knot and the other is a Tuxedo synthetic knot in a Maple handle. Eric is an extremely talented, creative, and generous guy.

Top Bottom