What's new

Which one should I use for my first DE shave?

Interestingly I’ve own both the EJ DE89 and what looks to be the same Tech but in gold bought from a user here when I first started out 13 or so years ago. I switched to the DE89 2 years after starting and used it the last 10 until it broke a month or two ago. I temporarily went back to the Tech that was relegated to the back of a drawer while I searched for a new razor. I was so blown away by the shaves from the Tech that I’ve aborted the search for a new razor and will be sticking with the Tech. It shaves so well and there is something cool about shaving with a razor that is 75 years old.

So, keep going with that Tech. It’s a beautiful one. I need to hit up antique stores. Did you just happen to be shopping at one and saw it or were you hunting down a razor? What good luck. I’m curious how much you paid for it.

Interestingly I’ve own both the EJ DE89 and what looks to be the same Tech but in gold bought from a user here when I first started out 13 or so years ago. I switched to the DE89 2 years after starting and used it the last 10 until it broke a month or two ago. I temporarily went back to the Tech that was relegated to the back of a drawer while I searched for a new razor. I was so blown away by the shaves from the Tech that I’ve aborted the search for a new razor and will be sticking with the Tech. It shaves so well and there is something cool about shaving with a razor that is 75 years old.

So, keep going with that Tech. It’s a beautiful one. I need to hit up antique stores. Did you just happen to be shopping at one and saw it or were you hunting down a razor? What good luck. I’m curious how much you paid for it.
I'm loving my Tech so far!
After I had read here on B&B that Techs were great razors for beginners (or anyone for that matter) I decided to go have a look at the local antique store on a whim, and low and behold, after about 10 minutes in the store I found one! Couldn't believe it - I was thrilled! I paid $30 dollars for it which I know is a little high, but I think I was so excited I didn't care. Much more fun to find a vintage razor out in the wild rather than on ebay! Also, the condition was excellent.

I'm loving my Tech so far!
After I had read here on B&B that Techs were great razors for beginners (or anyone for that matter) I decided to go have a look at the local antique store on a whim, and low and behold, after about 10 minutes in the store I found one! Couldn't believe it - I was thrilled! I paid $30 dollars for it which I know is a little high, but I think I was so excited I didn't care. Much more fun to find a vintage razor out in the wild rather than on ebay! Also, the condition was excellent.

For that condition with the box and blades, I think $30 is an excellent price. I’d snap it up without thought.

Top Bottom