Arko August 2020

Arko August on my head...
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

0D77FB03-884A-4583-83C0-51F3BFF2CAC2.jpeg

Shave 5.
8-8-2020
Soap: ARKO in a deodorant stick 44 Grams 1,55 oz gross weight. I heavily loaded this time. Lots of lather probable way to much.
Razor: fatip piccolo oc
Blade: Dorco st-301 (56)
Brush: VDH Badger
Added Fragrance to Lather: essential oil peppermint not my favorite it was a test run
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Musk this was added well after the shave
3 pass some touch up DFS

Eighth use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue Oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Boots boar
Razor: Razorock GC.68P
Blade: Astra SP, #6
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut AS.

An easy DFS without any drama. Anyone who likes using their Rockwell on R4 or R5 is probably going to like the Game Changer .68 too.

It's easier to rinse, due to the more open channels in the baseplate. I like the covered blade-tabs. I'm getting less audio feedback than with the Rockwell.

Eighth use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue Oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Boots boar
Razor: Razorock GC.68P
Blade: Astra SP, #6
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut AS.

An easy DFS without any drama. Anyone who likes using their Rockwell on R4 or R5 is probably going to like the Game Changer .68 too.

It's easier to rinse, due to the more open channels in the baseplate. I like the covered blade-tabs. I'm getting less audio feedback than with the Rockwell.
Very nice. Enjoy reading the comparisons between the two as you discover them. I’ve been curious about those two very razors as they’re both something I would consider at a future date 👍

Just as a counterpoint, I find Arko lathers best with badger. Of course that may be because I have never been able to lather anything with a boar brush. :lol:
And another counterpoint, I find my puck of Arko lathers best with a synth, I struggle to get as good lathers with my boars, saying that I never seem to get great lathers out of any soap I load from a tub or from a puck with a boar brush (I find my boars excel with shaving sticks though, I will buy a Arko stick at sometime to see the difference between the two if there are any)
Well, I used badger again today. It's been the summer of Semogue, but I used a 2-band Shavemac again today, and I had better results than yesterday. I can't say I've had bad lather from Arko at any point, but I can say the greatest volume I've had has been with badgers, while the densest lather has been boar.

Anyway, the shave was remarkable because of the lather and the continued improvement of my ability to use the GC84. Great stuff.

Tomorrow I'm rolling with one more badger shave before returning to Semogues: my Shavemac Finest is on deck.

Arko August shave #4 (I think, I've already lost track):

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Vintage
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Omega Proraso Pro
Lather: Arko Stick
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum

Didn't have my phone on me so didn't get a pic, unfortunately. This was my first shave with a Shark blade. I'm looking for an acceptably sharp substitute for feathers, since they're so overpriced. The shark was pretty good. Need to get a few more shaves in with it before I can decide for sure. It wasn't quite as good as a feather in this razor, but probably good enough if I can get a few more good shaves out of it.

Top Bottom