What's new

Arko August 2019

I put the Derby in my profile pic cos I love the scent so much. It doesn't smell like Arko at all, and some don't like it, but I will lather it up in a bowl just to smell it!

It is a little less pliable than Arko so that's another minor difference. Lemme know what you think Derby once you jump of the Arko train!

ok good, so they definitely ARE different. There are plenty of posts about Arko on the forum, but not much at all about Derby,... so when i first bought them i thought i would be making a new B&B discovery that they're actually the same stick with different labels. But now i'm glad to hear that i don't just have 2 of the same thing.

Last edited:
ok good, so they definitely ARE different. There are plenty of posts about Arko on the forum, but not much at all about Derby,... so when i first bought them i thought i would be making a new B&B discovery that they're actually the same stick with different labels. But now i'm actually glad to hear that i don't just have 2 of the same thing.
They are different for sure. I think Arko gets most of the press but I'm a major fan of the Derby stick. They also make a tub which you can find every once in a while on Amazon but I haven't tried it. Ever since trying a stick I like the right-to-the-face action of it all.

Last edited:
I spied Arko in a Turkish barber shop, so thought I'd give it a try. At the same time, I saw a tub of Arko cream! Well what awful cream I thought. All slime on the brush and no lather. Then it dawned on me that this wasn't shave cream, but skin cream! Stupid me!
But, how was the post-shave feel? ;)

Nearly to the end, here. One more shave tomorrow, and then it's camping for the long weekend!

FBDCF0D4-C16E-4E43-96EA-7D3E7A27ABFF.jpeg

Still in with the Arko.

New Improved Standard
Rapira Stainless
B&B 2014 LE Finest
ArkoArkoArko

Last of my La Toja AS to finish.

Decided to bring out the big gun brush to help move this grated stick along. Doesn't seem to be shrinking.

Arko August 28 and 29
(29/29 and counting)

August 28 - Road Shave
Wade and Butcher Frameback
Arko stick
WCS original synthetic
IMG_20190828_081552-01.jpeg

Arko August 29 - Road Shave #2
WM. Greaves & Sons
Arko stick
WCS synthetic
IMG_20190829_190505-01.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for the compliment @FarmerTan
Lol, now I'm stalking you! I just looked at the thread you started about the wooden case you repurposed for razor storage. VERY nice work. Well done. I need to do something similar. I think I'm up to half a dozen razors, and they are all over the place!

Then again, if I have them in a case, the War Department will be more likely to see how many I actually have and make me sleep in the garage!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Then again, if I have them in a case, the War Department will be more likely to see how many I actually have and make me sleep in the garage!
That is why I keep my case covered up with a towel. The OverLord thinks it is to keep the dust off!!!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
08/29/2019
August Arko/Throwback Thursday

53 Tech
Gillette Platinum(13)
Cremo Horse Hair
Whitch Hazel/Aqua Velva

Another August Arko in the books. I am really beginning to enjoy Arko, now that I got the hang of it, I'll probably keep using the stick till it shows some use. Lol
Thanks @FoolishMortal for the posting!

20190829_223344[1].jpg

Ì thought I'd give Arko a try. My usual siap is Haslinger just now, but I've tried various soaps and creams at most price ranges. I was a bit wary as the last cheap one ,Pamolive, tended to burn my skin.
I grated it into a bowl. I was hard pushed to find fault. Even the scent was not important as I have a poor sense of smell, and no irritation.
Arko is Turkish, where the cost of living is much lower. This and the lack of expensive scents, keep this low cost. I suspect if it was made elsewhere, it would be vastly more expensive.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ì thought I'd give Arko a try. My usual siap is Haslinger just now, but I've tried various soaps and creams at most price ranges. I was a bit wary as the last cheap one ,Pamolive, tended to burn my skin.
I grated it into a bowl. I was hard pushed to find fault. Even the scent was not important as I have a poor sense of smell, and no irritation.
Arko is Turkish, where the cost of living is much lower. This and the lack of expensive scents, keep this low cost. I suspect if it was made elsewhere, it would be vastly more expensive.
I think you're right. And everyone would rave about the smell! Especially if it were made in France.

Arko trivia: For the price of 200g Martin de Candre jar you can buy 2 kilos of Arko (27 sticks).

proxy.php

Almost unbelievable.

30 Aug 19
Razor:
Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: 26mm Omega #10083 Boar brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and Clearasil face wash
Lather: Arko – face lather
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk
Additional Care: Thayer’s WH
IMG_20190829_080808.jpg

Another Arko shave this A.M. Before @FoolishMortal heads out for his secret Canadian Bunker in a deep dark forest I would like to Thank him for sponsoring Arko August 2019.! I learned a lot about Arko & how to whip it up into a protective lather. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom