What's new

Arko August 2021

Arko shave #27

Final outstanding shave in Arko August! This has been an interesting month. I got in 27 shaves, 9 each with 3 different razors. This was the first time I used Arko and I found it to be a very nice performer, especially in the budget category.

Gear was:
Soap: Arko stick
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom badger
Razor: GEM 1912
Blade: GEM SS PTFE
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum

ARKO BOARKO SHAVE 31
Well, I hung tough to the end, 31 consecutive shaves with ARKO and my small Boar brush rotation. It was fun, but I really miss changing stuff up.
Today I used the following: New SC & PermaSharp Super, ARKO, Omega 10049, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Nice shave.
C4E62095-02F2-452B-ACAF-645E58A17EA2.jpeg
C6AFF6FD-154F-401F-B5FD-07D6A3C8134B.jpeg

No shave today so I'll be posting tomorrow.
I'll continue to use Arko to make it my first shave soap to be finished.

I've never seen a cleaned bowl or a squeezed cream tube before and I'm adamant on making Arko my first victory.

It is holding strong and the sides of the bowl seems to have stopped deteriorating.

Arko seems to regenerate again after every shave.

No shave today so I'll be posting tomorrow.
I'll continue to use Arko to make it my first shave soap to be finished.

I've never seen a cleaned bowl or a squeezed cream tube before and I'm adamant on making Arko my first victory.

It is holding strong and the sides of the bowl seems to have stopped deteriorating.

Arko seems to regenerate again after every shave.

You may have stumbled upon the holy grail… Perpetual Arko!

ARKO BOARKO SHAVE 31
Well, I hung tough to the end, 31 consecutive shaves with ARKO and my small Boar brush rotation. It was fun, but I really miss changing stuff up.
Today I used the following: New SC & PermaSharp Super, ARKO, Omega 10049, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Nice shave.
View attachment 1320196View attachment 1320197
Arko and Aqua Velva do seem to have an affinity for one another. With a boar, it's old-school perfection!

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Well gents, this morning's shave was numero 31 with Arko/Sharko....what a month. I had never shaved with the infamous Turkish shave soap before. I am impressed. It easily makes an outstanding lather with almost no effort. The smell is not nearly as bad as some make out. It's got a rather plain, Ivory soap like or "Industrial" quality as I call it. But when you leave it out for a while, it definitely dissipates over time and I dare say it's barely noticeable. I've had some very high quality shaves this month, and I've found that it pairs well with the Barbasol Brisk aftershave. Let's do it again next year!

1630426182690.png

Day 31:

The last shave of ARKO August.

1961 Gillette Adjustable Aristocrat
Shark Platinum blade
Simpson’s # 46 Berkeley in Best Badger
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

One of my favorite activities on B&B is now at an end until next August.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Well gents, this morning's shave was numero 31 with Arko/Sharko....what a month. I had never shaved with the infamous Turkish shave soap before. I am impressed. It easily makes an outstanding lather with almost no effort. The smell is not nearly as bad as some make out. It's got a rather plain, Ivory soap like or "Industrial" quality as I call it. But when you leave it out for a while, it definitely dissipates over time and I dare say it's barely noticeable. I've had some very high quality shaves this month, and I've found that it pairs well with the Barbasol Brisk aftershave. Let's do it again next year!

View attachment 1320235
Arko and The Beagle were made for each other. A great brush for face lathering with a soap stick, don't you think?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Today's finishline has me contemplating a joyful month of learning Arko. As a stick, its the perfect travel soap. The razor glides on its Ivory soap-like lather, which leaves my face feeling clean. It's ridiculously inexpensive (less than $2.50 US). Wish I would have taken to heart the Arko musings from @FarmerTan long ago. Coincidentally, he also gives doggone stellar marital advice (e.g., go to church and watch Hallmark movies together).

That's it. Twenty-nine ARKO SHARKO shaves; one brief dalliance with Razorock XXX. Arko remains a solid workhorse of a soap. But right now I'm looking forward to a few days with the high-stepping show horses.
Indeed.. a month of adding Arko in for numerous shaves has proven it's worth at being in the stable as a top traditional performer. September shall be a month of other soaps and Beagles and the new ATT set up. That being said Arko August will be worth waiting for next year

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210831_222043.jpg

It's been hard avoiding Arko this month, but I've managed it (it probably made it easier that I managed to 3017 my stick in July thanks in no small part to @Owen Bawn Arko-Skarko week) but even after falling out of the GRUME I resisted purchasing a new stick. Now that I have managed this I feel much better about the possibility of getting through the rest of the year without using Arko. Fingers crossed.

Well Arkolytes, the end of the month has arrived. I didn’t shave everyday this month but every shave I did have was with the Arko man and a pig and it was wonderful! I closed out Arko Boarko month with a Yaqi scalloped bar razor with a Gillette SharpEdge blade, a Zenith B10 hog, and a tub of the good stuff. Wrapped it up with some Clubman Whiskey Woods. Shave on folks!

6B6B38EF-A966-4E91-A052-E9D0EEB7156D.jpeg

Top Bottom