What's new

Arko August 2020

Razor: Weber Polished Head.
Blade: Gillete 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Russian Blue Box) (3).
Soap: Arko Tin.
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Green Stripe Finest Fan.
Aftershave splash: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Aftershave Balm: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic.

Missed a shave yesterday, so today's shave was 2 days growth. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm not a fan heat and humidity, but IMO, H&H make for a better shave.

The simple Stirling Finest Fan knot is wonderful in Arko (is there a bad brush for Arko?) I've mentioned that Arko was often my family camping and travel soap. Without fail, every summer after my morning shave, I would think this a really good shave. This followed my earlier thought, this is a really good lather. Then I would enjoy a private chuckle that we all share at sometime about 'saving money wet shaving', and I think, 'I could easily save money wet shaving'.

So as our English friends say, "It's cheap as chips', it also excels at cushioning and lubrication.

Razor: Weber Polished Head.
Blade: Gillete 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Russian Blue Box) (3).
Soap: Arko Tin.
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Green Stripe Finest Fan.
Aftershave splash: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Aftershave Balm: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic.

Missed a shave yesterday, so today's shave was 2 days growth. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm not a fan heat and humidity, but IMO, H&H make for a better shave.

The simple Stirling Finest Fan knot is wonderful in Arko (is there a bad brush for Arko?) I've mentioned that Arko was often my family camping and travel soap. Without fail, every summer after my morning shave, I would think this a really good shave. This followed my earlier thought, this is a really good lather. Then I would enjoy a private chuckle that we all share at sometime about 'saving money wet shaving', and I think, 'I could easily save money wet shaving'.

So as our English friends say, "It's cheap as chips', it also excels at cushioning and lubrication.
Interesting comment about the effect on humidity on one's shaving experience
When I lived in the Yukon it was bone dry, extra bone dry in the winter. I experienced shaving irritation no matter what I used

I moved to the UK in 2004 and found that the atmosphere here is wetter than an otters pocket year round.
No irritation shaves are consistently great, but after being here nearly 16 year I stil can't get used to pulling a hoodie out of the closet and it being damp when I put it on. Oh well. I have no plans to return to, as the Brits put it "the colonies" anytime soon except to visit my son and grandkids.

10/Arko/2020 - Arko August shave #10
PXL_20200810_143054107-01.jpeg

It's also GEMonday ...

GEM Jr. Elite / GEM Personna SS PTFE
ARKO stick
Rudy Vey 2020 B&B Contributor's Brush
Tabac AS and EdC

I don't usually get BBS from these old lather catchers, but still an excellent shave and so much fun.

810.jpeg

Shave 6
8-10-2020
Soap: ARKO in a deodorant stick 44 Grams 1,55 oz gross weight. Ether my scales are off or there is some water changing things.
Razor: Fatip Piccolo oc
Blade: Dorco st-301 (57)
Brush: VDH Badger
Added Fragrance to Lather: Two drops of lavender
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
2 pass some touch up DFS​

I love using Arko... Its just so nice the lather whips up like magic and just works so well.
The smell is light & refreshing (Disclaimer: Arko might permanently cause damage to the nostrils ability to smell properly).
I truly want to thank the creators of this product as it's improved my shaves noticeably but hasn't hurt my wallet at all.

It was a 10/10 shave today, smooth,fast & irritation free.
Used a Gillette tech with a fresh Shaverboy blade. Arko & my omega pro 49... Shave bliss has been achieved.

Tue 11 Arko & Sharko Shave!!
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor RR German 37 Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather result. Thick and slick. Comfortably produced by the great badger brush.
Shave with razor paired with blade was quite good. Smooth. Comfortable. Sharp. Didn't realized it until the shark bite....and another bite! Unexpected attack from the bottom! 2 weepers immediately after the 1st pass. Was more careful and completed 3 multiple passes with unexpected BBS result. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers.
Finally use the alum to stem the blood before more sharks appear...
Soothed by Hyaluronic and cauterized by AV Musk. Could have score higher rating but bitten twice by the shark...rating only 9/10!
20200811_112245.jpg

20200811_133430.jpg

Top Bottom