What's new

Arko August 2023

ARKO AUGUST 2023 -- Day 29

Tuesday night pre-Idalia edition.

20230829_202920.jpg

30/08 ARKO
Photo-0126.jpg

Pre-shave: Avon emulsifying shave oil, hot flannel/wash cloth applied on top, re-applied more shave oil and a concentrated layer of ARKO rubbed into stubble by hand, then brush lathered and shaved, Brush: homemade synthetic, Razor: Baili BD179T (my custom 'blue tip' version), Blade Feather (one and done) A/S: La Toja BBS

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency Summah/ARKO! August

Last night’s opulent and stupendous shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84 70/100
Lord Super Stainless (2)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo G5A 24mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded/face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Last night’s all neutral shave was my way of unintentionally adding too much pressure back to my shave. Back to skimming the cap over a majestic film of ARKO! I go. Close shave, but the aftershave felt like it was shaking me down for protection money. Will try doing better next time.

Arko August 2023
Shave 30

I decided to dust off the travel razor this morning.

Given some thought toward the new safety razor, TSA ban. When I travel carry-on only, I will disassemble this razor and put the handle in the dop bag and the other two pieces scattered out in the main bag. Then look for blades at the destinations.

Or just leave it at home and take a disposable cartridge. It all depends on how I feel at the time.

It's a Rockwell 6c. I don't want to lose it, but at least it wouldn’t be my 6s.

Arko stick. 3 g have given me 20 shaves.

7812F574-2E4C-4435-A6BC-7477351CB0FB.jpeg

“If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.”

This was the final shave for me in ARKO! August. Although I like ARKO!, I'm ready for some variety.
Thanks to @FoolishMortal for conducting this spectacular event!

August 30, 2023 ARKO! August Wednesday Shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Gillette PermaSharp (2)
Soap: ARKO! stick pressed into a bowl
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Post shave: Osma alum block, T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

It was another spectacular three pass shave with the Overlander. Wonderfully close, with no red fluid leaks. No irritation. The Overlander works especially well on the neck. I believe that this was the 5th consecutive shave with this razor. For the price, it's a very good razor.

This was the farewell shave with ARKO! for now, concluding ARKO! August. Although I love ARKO!, I'm ready for some variety.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

Last edited:
Given some thought toward the new safety razor, TSA ban.
What? I'm glad you posted this. I found an article at the Sharpologist about this recent change in the TSA policy. But, the TSA itself still says you can travel with a safety razor in your carry-on so long as it isn't loaded with a blade (LINK). Nevertheless, I'm not going to travel with any of my beloved safety razors in a carry-on. I would be royally pissed if someone at TSA confiscated an empty razor handle from me.

BTW, anyone who has ever handled a DE razor blade would know how impossibly difficult it would be to use as a weapon in a safety razor (or in your hand while out of a safety razor).

I'm fighting the urge to open the can of worms about whether TSA has ever really been effective at its mission. I guess I'm not fighting very hard ;).

SOTD AUGUST 30th
AUGUST 2023 GRUME
ARKO AUGUST 2023

Hello friends

Lazy day around here. I ended up leaving the shave for the night. And it was good. Arko stick, the unfailing Green Cult 2.0 plate II, Semogue 1305, Gillette Silver Blue (4) and Pinaud VIBR. Bright!

Joining us on this journey is a wonderful duo: Bill Evan & Lee Konitz.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

9711872B-C0AF-47E1-AAEB-1BA415E4F59B.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg

Top Bottom