What's new

Arko August 2021

As ARKO August turns into Slantember, the weather turns cooler and soon the autumn leaves will start to fall. I put in 25±1 shaves in August, all ARKO-sharko (full boar). I really like ARKO soap, but in the spirit of the challenge, switched to another soap for today: Proraso green.

A couple of thoughts. First, shouldn't ARKO-Boarko be full boar? Second, which category would I have been in of I had shaved with ARKO, used a boar brush, and use a Shark blade all month?

My ARKO travelko days are over
Home again
No welcoming ceremonies
No welcome party
Just jalous soaps and angry razors staring at me.
So i had to put some order in my micro shaving universe.
Tabac and Carl F. ERN
Great shave but I still have this DF Arko Shave blues

Thank you @FoolishMortal
20210903_195942_Richtone(HDR).jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I had a disaster today when it came time to put a new stick of Arko into my years old plastic shave stick holder. The screw broke at the bottom and I had already unwrapped the stick. I immediately ran to my phone and ordered a new one from Amazon. Relief should arrive on the 12th.
No worries, the holder arrived this AM before I shaved - whew! I guess Alexa picked up on my anxiety - God bless her little chip.

So I stayed true to Arko for the entire month, but I impulsively decided, the first time in my life, to grow a goatee (circle beard) so I went a few days without shaving and then began shaving just my neck and cheeks every other day. I am continuing to use Arko this month, but at the rate I am going, I will probably still have a good part of the Arko stick left over at the new year if I keep the goatee. Kind of a dilemma for me because I want to see how the goatee grows out, but I look forward to lathering up with a brush and getting a BBS with a DE, Feather or GEM every day. I guess I will probably go clean shaven again when I go back to the office (lawyer in NYC) at some yet to be determined date - I am guessing in February of '22, or if I give my presentation at a conference planned for November here in town (likely to be postponed). I wish I had tried this 30 years ago, before my beard turned grey. Luxury problems indeed.

As ARKO August turns into Slantember, the weather turns cooler and soon the autumn leaves will start to fall. I put in 25±1 shaves in August, all ARKO-sharko (full boar). I really like ARKO soap, but in the spirit of the challenge, switched to another soap for today: Proraso green.

A couple of thoughts. First, shouldn't ARKO-Boarko be full boar? Second, which category would I have been in of I had shaved with ARKO, used a boar brush, and use a Shark blade all month?

I switched to the exact same soap on Sept. 1 and to the only synth I have.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Fiend

Reactions: Anu
Top Bottom