What's new

Arko August 2020

Todays shave, A rockwell 6S, Colonel Conk bay rum soap with Colonel Conks badger brush, Arko gold aftershave and Arko comfort balm. Really liking the Arko Gold.

Attachments

• Shave 89.jpg
    Shave 89.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 5
SotD 9:

Merkur 34c
Shark SS (1)
Semogue 610
Arko puck (used as a stick)
B&M Seville ASL

I opted to use a combination of products that I know well, so as to get a better feel for the blade. After the first pass it was clear that the blade is not that sharp, so I thinned down the lather a bit in order to get a closer shave. Managed to get a DFS after my regular 3 passes.

Serviceable blade, but quite average. Smooth but not as sharp as I like when paired with the mild 34c. I will use it in my Progress tomorrow and raise the aggression a bit. I can see it being a decent match with more aggressive razors. I doubt that it is one of those blades that have a thick coating and become sharper after the first few uses.

Have a great day! :)

I'm housesitting for a few days and took along a 22mm Yaqi Plissoft synth, a Fat Handle Tech, a Gillette 7 Stainless and my Arko Puck and in my new surroundings this morning I built one of one of the finest lathers I've built in my few years (4-5) of wet shaving. It was as thick as whipped cream, slick and shiny as anything and perfect lubrication for the razor/blade in the shave as well.

Reading this thread and digging out the 2nd unused puck of Arko I bought 4 years ago might be the best decisions in shaving I've made for a while.

Just as a counterpoint, I find Arko lathers best with badger. Of course that may be because I have never been able to lather anything with a boar brush. :lol:

And another counterpoint, I find my puck of Arko lathers best with a synth, I struggle to get as good lathers with my boars, saying that I never seem to get great lathers out of any soap I load from a tub or from a puck with a boar brush (I find my boars excel with shaving sticks though, I will buy a Arko stick at sometime to see the difference between the two if there are any)

Shave four of the month with Arko this morning. Same boar brush with 6C razor and Nacet blade. Why is Arko August one of the longest months of the year🤭 I'm gonna stick it out, but won't miss it when the calendar flips to September. I only packed Arko for my 2 week business trip, but its gonna be tempting when I see that package of Ethos soap sitting on the porch when I get home Friday. If I play it right, only 8 shaves to go. Half joking, but I think I will move Arko to the shower or to clean new brushes.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Shave four of the month with Arko this morning. Same boar brush with 6C razor and Nacet blade. Why is Arko August one of the longest months of the year🤭 I'm gonna stick it out, but won't miss it when the calendar flips to September. I only packed Arko for my 2 week business trip, but its gonna be tempting when I see that package of Ethos soap sitting on the porch when I get home Friday. If I play it right, only 8 shaves to go. Half joking, but I think I will move Arko to the shower or to clean new brushes.
If ARKO+SHARK=ARKO-SHARKO, does ARKO+NACET=ARKODILE?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Heavenly scent of Arko will sneak up on you and and own your nose before those 2 weeks are up my friend!

Shave #9

Seems I'm doing Arko daily, so I may have to switch from on the downlow to every day. Another fine shave; 9.5/10:

Razor: Gem G-Bar; Gem PTFE
Soap: Arko stick
Brush: Van der Hagen boar
; I found this while looking for a G-Bar to try. It works, but not as well as most of my brushes.
AS: Thayers Toner unscented; Avon Wild Country vintage, in the radio bottle.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

0809201101.jpg

The Heavenly scent of Arko will sneak up on you and and own your nose before those 2 weeks are up my friend!

I'm actually a Arko regular...once a month as a reminder to appreciate all the good soaps in the world:biggrin1: Kind of like my yearly trip to Walmart for a boost to my self esteem.

Top Bottom