What's new

Arko August 2019

Did a 3 pass Arko shave this morning that turned out well. Followed it up with some Stirling's Vetiver and a splash of Fine Orange Noir and some Gillette aftershave gel.

Turned out well for being an 11min speed shave.

Arko August 30
(30/30)

Taylor's Eye Witness
Arko stick
WCS Original synthetic
IMG_20190830_074253-01.jpeg

Woke up before my spouse and realized the light over the sink would be directly in my sleeping wife's face. Ended up shaving by reflected light through the cracked bathroom door. Still got a great shave.

Another August Arko in the books. I am really beginning to enjoy Arko, now that I got the hang of it, I'll probably keep using the stick till it shows some use. Lol
Thanks @FoolishMortal for the posting!

Another Arko shave this A.M. Before @FoolishMortal heads out for his secret Canadian Bunker in a deep dark forest I would like to Thank him for sponsoring Arko August 2019.! I learned a lot about Arko & how to whip it up into a protective lather. :thumbsup:

Yes, thank you @FoolishMortal for putting this together and your great job of keeping the roster current.

Awgeez, guys, that's nice. I was truly prepared to go it alone, and very surprised at the number of you who decided to join me. I certainly didn't expect to be adding to the roster so often!

My last Arko shave of the month, before a no-shave camping trip, was predictably awesome. I'm always happy with an Arko morning!

I'll hope to see you all again next year. ;)

Woke up before my spouse and realized the light over the sink would be directly in my sleeping wife's face. Ended up shaving by reflected light through the cracked bathroom door. Still got a great shave.

That, good bear, is a "mensch move"! :a2:

This was fun, I enjoyed my shaves with the Arko stick. Easy to use and lathers great. Super price. Not a bad scent, my shave area smells great when its out. Not sure what all the complaining is about.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
08/30/2019
August Arko

Prewar Tech
Gillette Platinum(14)
Omega 10290 boar
Whitch Hazel/Aqua Velva

Another August Arko in the books.
The little orange Omega really whipped up a great lather in seconds, and I forgot just how nice my Prewar Tech shaves.
20190830_231128[1].jpg

The last Arko shave this A.M. with no problems. Thanks to everyone that participated. Thanks also for the fine pics you guys posted.! Fast Shaver out.

I just finished my last shave of the month and yet another great shave it was. During the month I used a variety of razors, blades, and brushes. But it was all Arko all the time. I went from stick to bowl to just face-lathering. Arko never failed. I just don't know if there is a better deal to be had when it comes to cost, performance, and versatility of a shave soap. It's been a great month.

Arko August 31
31 of 31 potential Arko shaves completed

It's been a fun month and I'm surprised that I didn't miss my other soaps as much as I thought I would. Thanks to @FoolishMortal for starting the ball rolling. Arko is a great soap. It has had, and will continue to have, a place in my rotation.

See you all next year...

Going to get one more Arko shave in today before moving on. Been fun rediscovering just how good this soap is. Best value on the planet.

16 out of 31. Being new at this, I had try other soaps. Used all my razors and brushes (3 brushes, 5 razors). I’m good with face lathering, but I don’t really enjoy rubbing the stick directly on my face. I don’t have issues with Arko itself at all. The smell is actually nice and a bit of aftershave balm overcomes any drying effect.

16 out of 31. Being new at this, I had try other soaps. Used all my razors and brushes (3 brushes, 5 razors). I’m good with face lathering, but I don’t really enjoy rubbing the stick directly on my face. I don’t have issues with Arko itself at all. The smell is actually nice and a bit of aftershave balm overcomes any drying effect.
I have tried rubbing it on my face like you & I did not like it at all. I lather with a brush directly on the stick or press it in a bowl for easy lathering.

DE2D751D-AEBD-4EC2-A31D-F58492B15686.jpeg
Well gents, this wraps up Arko August for me. Great concept @FoolishMortal thanks for organizing! Thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone’s experiences and methods with this fine Turkish export. Here’s this morning’s set up. Enjoy the weekend all!

Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Black Marble synthetic
1958 Gillette SS courtesy of a fine PIF from @macnutty - my first vintage razor and I love it
Derby Extra blade
Clubman Whiskey Woods aftershave

Last edited:
My Arko stick measures 79.85 mm tonight.
Above post from July 31.

After 31 Arko shaves in 31 days my Arko stick measures 69.8 mm. So I used 10.05 mm for the 31 shaves. This is <1.8 times what I was using the last time I did any kind of measurement. So 10.05 mm for a 31 day month and a new Arko stick is ~ 83 mm which is over 8 months. I used to say that a stick would last me 16 months. My soap usage is up, hope it doesn't break me.

Enjoyed Arko August and hope to do it again next year.

Top Bottom