Items by rafikz

rafikz
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Ok, after a few uses, time to post a review: This product s available in Canada. - scent: nice and modern; along the lines of Nivea cooling line; not overpowering - quality-texture: it's thicker than your traditional splash; it's loaded with glycerin and castor oil, and seems to have a lower alcohol content - cooling: although this splash is menholated, it's quite light in that department; it's less cooling than AV, original Skin Bracer, and even Proraso Pre-Post "white" (and...
When I was a little kid living in Belgium, my mom would put this on me. :blush: Much to my surprise, it's widely available here in Canada. :w00t: An intense bouquet of citrus, a pinch of fern, a background of mint, it smells of summer, the green, the sun and ultimately refreshing. :w00t: It smells great, fresh, and I paid only 5-6 $. Bargain
So, I went overseas to visit my parents a few months ago. I saw this balm and decided to buy it; ever since the Nivea "Mild" balm has been reformulated, which resulted to a drying formula (now it's called "Replenishing", yeah right), I've been looking for a non drying balm that had a fresh marine scent. Price: costed the same as Nivea or l'Oreal Scent: Active, sporty, marine, fresh; great in the moring Packaging: not great, but not bad either; the bottle feels nice and it's...
So, I went overseas to visit my parents a few months ago. I saw this balm and decided to buy it :drool: I thought it would be expensive, since it was labeled "vetyver" abd had quality ingredients, but to my surprise, it costed the same as Nivea or l'Oreal :thumbup: Scent: woodsy but a little fresh at the same time; not sure if it's what genuine vetyver is supposed to smell like, but I love and I think it's ideal for autumn/winter Packaging: not great, but not bad either; the...
So..... I really like the Nivea gels to begin with, so I had to buy that one: Basically, it's the Nivea Sensitive (it has chamomille), but with Glycerin (goodie !!! :biggrin:) and Licorice added; I find the Extreme Comfort gel to be even slicker than the Sensitive and the Moisturising versions :w00t: The scent is not the best of the bunch, but it's still nice; I would describe it as natural, almost medicinal but in a goods way; maybe it comes from the natural ingredients, I don't...
Note: this is not the AV Ice Blue Conditioning A-S (which comes in a similar bottle, and has alcohol) Price: same as other drugstore alcohol-free balms. Scent: love the scent, very fresh and citrusy; this balm has its own scent, different from the other AV splashes. :thumbup: Moisturizing: in my opinion, it is one of the 2 most moisturizing balms among drugstore offerings (the other one being RSC Balm). It leaves my skin nice and healthy, thanks to the Castor Oil, Shea Butter, and...
So, the RCS products have been available in some Canadian drugstores for a few months now; I picked up the A/S balm. For me this is simply the best drugstore A/S balm (and I still love Nivea Sensitive, l'Oreal and Aqua Velva Ice Balm). Price: This is the 2nd best drugstore value after Proraso Pre/Post; you pay the same price that you would for Nivea or L'Oreal, but you get more; all the other drugstore balms offer 100 ML,but the RSC one has 125 ML. Soothing: This is really soothing...
rafikz
0.57 star(s) 46 ratings
Views
Reviews
TOLD YOU !! I saw that one coming (after seeing the Green Tea and Aloe foam on the shelves), and hopefully, they also make the cream. :w00t: It's for very sensitive skin, and does not not have camphor and eucalyptus,(and has just a bit of menthol) Bought it 1 hour ago (just a trip to a drugstore, took me 5 minutes, hehe :ihih: ), tried it and love it. Scent : the scent is similar as the Eshave White Tea cream, but not as strong. :001_tt1: Performance : great; slick and soothing...
Thanks to Dan (Floppyshoes) :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: , I've had the opportunity to try this wonderful cream.(large sample) Price : according to Dan, the price is 20$ CAD for a tub ( 6.3 oz, 180 ml); not bad... Scent : not really sandalwood, but still an amazing scent !! :w00t: (sorry I suck at describing scents :biggrin: ) Latherability : lathers easily; nuff said Moisturizing : with my super tough beard + dry skin, I need a super lubricating/moisturizing cream. This is just...
rafikz
0.62 star(s) 13 ratings
Views
Reviews
So, I finally decided to get some Aqua Velva ; I was going to grab the original one, when I noticed a GREEN version , named " Original Sport ". I don't think it's similar to the " Ice Sport". I couldn't find a pic of the Original Sport on the Internet, so It might be a new product. I sniffed both the original Blue and the Green one, and I prefer the Green ; not that the Blue smells bad, but it's a little " GranPa". The Green one is more modern, very citrusy, fresh.:001_tt1: I bought...
rafikz
0.52 star(s) 25 ratings
Views
Reviews
The Extra Soothing and Fresh Cooling have been reviewed, so I had to take care of that one:biggrin: This product is for normal to dry skin types, BUT I wouldn't go that far ; in fact, iit USED TO BE for dry skin 2 years ago, before it's reformulation ; it was even more moisturizing than the Sensitive version, but for some reason it has been reformulated ; they like to do that a lot at Nivea.:confused1 Plus, the 2nd ingredient is alcohol denat. I'm not saying it's a bad product, but I...
This is a nice shave cream;it comes in 3 versions : hydrating (the one reviewed), revitalizing (pepperminted) and deep cleansing. The first time I used it, it was kind of unusual, because it's not as thick as a lathering formula, but it lubricates and proctects really well; this product has lots of emollients and moisturizers (which is important because I have dry skin and a tough beard). The result : smooth shave, no irritation. Scent is not luxurious, but I like it ; it's a marine scent...
This cream hasn't been reviewed :confused1 :confused1 So, I stepped up:biggrin: This is the Red Pro ; has menthol, lanolin, wheat germ oil, but no eucalyptus oil Cooling effect : This cream is cooling, but it's less pronounced than its green counterpart ; feels slightly refreshing, which I prefer Scent : This is different from the Green ; it's a clean, barbershop sweet scent ; I like it Latherability : Explodes easily in a nice, shiny, lubricating lather :drool: Quality...
rafikz
0.86 star(s) 35 ratings
Views
Reviews
I Finally decided to buy a tube of AOS cream ( 16 $ CAN , 2.5 oz) ; I decided to go with sandalwood because it's for dry skin (well I believe the lavender one would work as well as the sandal.) Scent : Wow!!! Woodsy and warm!!! What an amaxing scent ; it gets even better when u lather it up:drool: :drool: ; u can tell the difference btwn synthetic sandalwood and the real deal ; AOS uses EO, and the scent is really woodsy and feels so good..... Latherability : this stuff explodes into a...
So, I was looking to buy some KMF lavender, but I have to "travel" to get it (subway+bus) ; don't worry though, I'm gonna get it next week:biggrin: I couldn't wait to get some KMF cream, so I went to health food store located on St-Laurent boulevard here in Montreal (20 min walk from my appartment) ; they don't carry the lavender, but they have Peaches & cream, Key Lime, Coll Mint and Unscented. I picked Peaches And Cream Price : well, very good Scent : I thought It would be a bit...
I have dry/sensitive skin, and this is a great face wash. It comes in a white tube ; the wash itself is a gel that doesn't really foam ; it's not a soapy foam, more a creamy, mild lather that doesn't strip the skin ; leaves the skin clean and not dried out ; doesn't leave a residue This wash has a neutral scent, but it still smells better than Cetaphil gentle wash (the Cetaphil smells like glue...) ; don't get me wrong the Cetaphil is a great product, but I hate its scent Honestly...
So, I had an irritating close shave this morning (bad prep, lack of sleep, rush, etc...)...which is a good thing to test an A/S : how good is it at soothing?? So, I tried the Brut Balm Soothing : this stuff really soothes!!!! it's slightly refreshing (not like a mentholated product, more in a soothing way) ; I was afraid this would irritate me after my bad shave, especially when you consider the Brut fragrance, but to my surprise, it didn't Absorption and moisturizing properties ...
If you live in Canada, you might have seen this product at Shopper's drugmart (Pharmaprix in Quebec) This is an excellent product ; it is supposed to be a shave oil, but I use it pre-shave when I have a 2-3 days beard (very tough beard), or if I use a shave cream that has poor lube For those who don't like heavy oils, this is light yet moisturizing and softens the beard really well The scent, well, is a hint of vegetable oils, essential oils (sandalwood), and slight hint of menthol...
Didn't like the scent first time I used it, but it has grown on me. Pros : available locally, not expensive, great luxurious lather, nice scent, VERY emollient. Nice packaging, modern and young (only the jar, the tube looks ugly)
Top Bottom