What's new

Nivea for Men After Shave Balm, Replenishing, Normal to Dry Skin

Item Description

proxy.php

The Extra Soothing and Fresh Cooling have been reviewed, so I had to take care of that one:biggrin:

This product is for normal to dry skin types, BUT I wouldn't go that far ; in fact, iit USED TO BE for dry skin 2 years ago, before it's reformulation ; it was even more moisturizing than the Sensitive version, but for some reason it has been reformulated ; they like to do that a lot at Nivea.:confused1
Plus, the 2nd ingredient is alcohol denat.
I'm not saying it's a bad product, but I liked the old formulation better.

Scent : I like the scent ; it's the "Care Pro Tec" line scent, and I like it, masculine and marine. Plus, the scent goes well with the blue packaging (if that makes sense to you)

Soothing : This product is soothing ; sure, it has that initial alcohol sting, but it's not as bad as in traditional splashes, since there are much more ingredients in the Nivea. Also, the balm has bisabolol, which comes from chamomille.
Regarding the marine extracts, I don't know if they work, but I know that the ones that are present in this balm are used in many expensive spas.
It also contains conezyme Q10, and creatine :confused1 to bulk up your face.

Moisturization :
Well, it's not as moisturizing as it used to be ; it's matte, and even slightly drying for my skin type (dry), so I use it only on my shaven area, and I have to follow with a good moisturizer. Nothing dramatic here, but I have to make sure to use a lotion afterwards.

Verdict : could be more moisturizing, and the Extra Soothing is better for my skin type, but I like the scent too much !

Absorbs Instantly

Effective replenishment and protection for normal to dry skin, formulated with Care Pro Tec: the professional care technology that supports the natural functions of men's skin.

* Instant Soothing & Replenishing Care - Mild, non-greasy formula with special Moisturizers, Vitamin E and Provitamin B5:
o Immediately calms skin discomfort due to shaving
o Provides intense long lasting moisture
o Protects against skin irritation
* Results:
o Skin looks healthy and smooth
o Skin feels moisturized long after application.

Dermatologically Tested.

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Distarch Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Panthenol, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Ubiquinone, Propylene Glycol, Oyster Shell Extract, Sea Silt Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, Triceteareth 4 Phosphate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate

DISCUSS HERE

Latest reviews

Pros: Good on dry winter days
Cons: Slightly oily
This is okay. I just wish it wasn't oily feeling. Other than that it feels good on the skin in the winter
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Soothes after a nice shave or even better, after a bad one
Cons: Higher price with a little sent
This has been my goto post shave for about 6/7 years now. It has a lot more positives than negatives.

Pros:
Lasts long: I've had two since 2012 when I was at college and still have about one and a half of these. This makes the price worth it compared to more inexpensive options like Afta and Aqua Velva.
Fighting Razor Burn: I've found whether it is cartridge or DE, it will clear up razor burn and insure that your skin replenishes in between shaves, especially rough ones.
Moisturizing: the balm moisturizes really well.
Alcohol burn: I don't recall having burn issues with this, even with badly covered up nics and cuts.

Con:
Scent: For me, I don't notice much of a scent with it. If you want a scent to go with it, I suggest using a moisturizer such as Nivea with SPH 4 or Bath and Body Works Ocean Breeze; a cologne; a body spray like Axe or Old Spice; or an after shave with a distinct sent like Afta.

Really good after shave balm, I HIGHLY suggest new shavers to use this as their go to for the base and adding a scent on top of it, if they really need to have a scent with it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, works great
The Nivea ASB I use after every shave, I find it works good and compared to others you can get it cheap when stores have Nivea discount.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)