What's new

The Real Shaving Co. Soothing / moisturising Balm

Item Description

So, the RCS products have been available in some Canadian drugstores for a few months now; I picked up the A/S balm.

For me this is simply the best drugstore A/S balm (and I still love Nivea Sensitive, l'Oreal and Aqua Velva Ice Balm).

Price: This is the 2nd best drugstore value after Proraso Pre/Post; you pay the same price that you would for Nivea or L'Oreal, but you get more; all the other drugstore balms offer 100 ML,but the RSC one has 125 ML.

Soothing: This is really soothing; this balm has Aloe and Allantoin, 2 excellent ingredients.

Moisturizing:
I have dry skin, and the Montreal winter doesn't help; this balm is simply the most moisturizing drugstore balm, and by a long shot; while some other drugstore offering have Shea Butter, or Soybean Oil, the RSC has Lanolin.
With the other balms, I have to follow with a moisturizer, but when I use this balm, I don't need to do that (however, I might have to add a lotion for the harshest days, -20 to -30 degrees C).

Scent: I like the scent, and it's not overpowering

Key ingredients : glycerin, aloe, lanolin, allantoin

DISCUSS HERE

Latest reviews

For the low price, this is an excellent 'mass-market' product that delivers.bI first came across it in the depths of a Toronto winter and used it with the companion shaving cream product.

The scent is subtle, the soothing effect very good. It leaves no residue and is not in the least bit sticky. The moisturizing effect is very good.

Highly recommended and I will look for it again when I am back in Canada.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is a great ASB, and its readily available at your local Rite Aid.
Price: I paid 4.99 for a decent size tube. The very small amount you need makes it a bargain.
Quality: Seems well made with a nice plastic tube. You're not paying a lot.
Fights Razor Burn: Very good in this department. Face feeling a little beat up, turn to this tube.
Cooling Sensation: Not a whole lot but your face feels soothed.
Scent: Very very mild. I gave it a 5 because it depends on what you're looking for. If you want to use a edt this is great, if you want a strong scented ASB, its not.
Efficacy: Goes on smooth and clean. My face didn't feel like a grease ball.
Moisturizing: This is where this product soars. Perfect.
Alcohol Burn: Non detected.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn