What's new

Cromwell-Cruthers preshave oil

I think I paid $8 for this in Edmonton.
As a pre-shave oil, it's great, but I think you can get about the same effect for a much better price if you use some olive/sunflower/safflower oil from the supermarket cut with some jojoba from a heath/natural food store. Maybe try a few drops of tea tree oil if you want that tingly feeling. (The menthol does irritate my skin just a bit, but the oils balance it out and I'd say that after using junky hand cream to moisturize face for most of my life, this is a significant step up.)

If you don't mind paying $5 for a bottle, it's really great stuff! The bottle I got has a leak, I think, near the tip, so it doesn't "drop" the product the way it should. Also, as mentioned by the other reviewers, I like this as a pre/post shave product much more than as a replacement for good 'ol lather. It works for shaving with a new catridge, but I wouldn't use this alone for a straight unless my beard were already very soft.

I like the fragrance enough to rub a little bit into my beard for conditioning after a shave.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
A-Price is great
B-scent is horrible , smells like bad salad oil...I mean really bad
C-Works good, razor will glide ok, does not clog razor! but IMHO nowhere near proraso pre-shave.
D-Packaging is good
E-Moisturises Ok

....it will deliver, as stated its nothing to write home about, but for the price it just cant be beat.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I bought Cromwell-Cruthers at my local Shopper's Drug Mart on sale for 4.99 a bottle; tried it a couple times and went back and bought 2 more while it was still on sale:tongue: . I find it provides excellent lubrication for me as compared to just using a cream. I use it underneath C & E Sweet Almond Oil cream and my skin's appearance is getting better with each passing shave and I feel this product is most likely to thank for it. Be sure to rinse your razor often and it'd be a good idea to invest in some rubbing alcohol and cotton balls or something similar to clean your razor after shaving. I haven't looked into the specifics of the ingredients but I used to have a problem with moderate acne around where I shave and I also have sensitive skin and this product does not clog my pores or cause any sort of adverse reaction. I've got nothing but good things to say about Cromwell-Cruthers:thumbup1: .
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I made a review of this oil but probably put it in wrong spot. I have only tried glycerin as a pre-shave previous to this, so only have that to compare to but i got a really close irritation free shave using this. I also tried it recently before every pass ( i do three) and it was even better so must recommend it.
If you live in Canada, you might have seen this product at Shopper's drugmart (Pharmaprix in Quebec)

This is an excellent product ; it is supposed to be a shave oil, but I use it pre-shave when I have a 2-3 days beard (very tough beard), or if I use a shave cream that has poor lube

For those who don't like heavy oils, this is light yet moisturizing and softens the beard really well

The scent, well, is a hint of vegetable oils, essential oils (sandalwood), and slight hint of menthol ; nothing special but not bad either

Ingredients :
Grape Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Safflower Oil, Sunflower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Menthol, Aloe Vera & Vitamin E Acetate

Discuss here
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing