What's new

Aqua Velva Original Sport

Pros: Scent, cooling, price
Cons: availability
This has become my go-to after shave. I love the cooling sensation. I love the scent. I love the moisturizing effect. I love the scent. It’s a great aftershave.

There is a bit of a burn when first applied (which is nice) but it fades quickly. The scent lingers throughout the day. The only downside is availability. It can be hard to find. Definatley worth picking up if you can find it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice scent. Just the right amount of menthol. Glycerin keeps dryness from being too bad.
Cons: Not available in the US. Alcohol tends to dry the skin somewhat.
I got a bottle of this in a PIF from B&B member inspiringK. It has a nice fresh "sporty" scent that is more modern than AVIB. While I enjoy AVIB, I admit it has a little bit of a "sleazy middle age guy" vibe to it thus making it a guilty pleasure. Original Sport does not have this problem. Even my wife (who is pretty particular about fragrance) likes the smell. I'd say it makes a good match for the Palmolive shave stick. It's not terribly sophisticated but quite pleasant.

This aftershave has the classic Aqua Velva blend of alcohol, menthol, and glycerine that leaves the skin feeling refreshed if the shave was a good one. If the shave was a bad one, it burns quite noticeably, but that's how all the alcohol based splashes work, which is fine by me. It doesn't moisturize like a balm, but the glycerine helps keep it from being totally drying. If you have dry skin like me, you'll want a balm or lotion after this to keep your skin hydrated.

If this was still available in the US and priced the same as other Aqua Velva products I would definitely buy it.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This stuff is very good for people who have either tough skin and/or oily skin. I don't have tough skin and tend to get at least some razor burn, so when I apply this it stings like a whip. However, my face and neck tend to be rather oily so the alcohol factor helps to reduce the greasiness.

You can get this product rather cheaply at any drug store or supermarket for $2.99CN or as much as $4.99CN, depending on the store.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I found this for 4-something dollars at my Shoppers drug mart. A pretty decent price.

I used this AS after hearing great things about the classic. This particular brand is widely available in pharmacies so I tried it out. It seemed to refresh, and the scent is not overpowering, however after drying the odor lingered, and was more overwhelming than I would have liked.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
wallmart, shoppers drug mart etc. Its readily available in Canada.
Where do you buy this at?
This is great stuff, I found my skin nice and tight after using it. It has a nice cooling effect and I personally like the smell better than the blue. After searching the local drug stores and box stores Walmart had the best non sale price of $4.42 (CAN) for 200ml
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Not as good as the orginal!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I also picked up a bottle of Aqua Velva original just last week. This is the third AV product that I've used. The Original is great. Less cooling than AV Blue but works just as well. I couldnt quite figure out the scent but now that I've read the reviews; it does have a citrus base. Great product and an even better price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I picked up a bottle yesterday - $3.59 at the local Shopper's Drug Mart. How can you argue with the price?

The scent is nice - very different than the Blue, but still pretty good.

I found my face felt a little tighter with this than with the Blue. Surpising, as I would have thought the only difference would be fragrance? Still has that excellent cooling sensation and a bit of an alcohol bite. I love this stuff!

All in all, I like the Aqua Velva products. Which I must admit surpises the heck out of me - I had always associated them with a certain 'element' that I found unpleasant to deal with.

Perhaps its becuase I'm 30 years older, I appreciate them more?

If you can find this, the Green is a good addition to your AS stable.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is great. Is it just me or does AV Sport smell just like Cool Water by Davidoff?

Awesome scent. It has a cooling effect, but not as much as Ice Blue AV. I wish it had just a little more menthol. Very nice anyway.

==Tom
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
As is the case with the other AV aftershaves, an excellent product. I don't know why I waste my time and money on more expensive aftershaves when the AV lineup covers the waterfront; what AV doesn't have Booster does. A truly remarkable product and at the price why wouldn't you buy a vat full.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
So, I finally decided to get some Aqua Velva ; I was going to grab the original one, when I noticed a GREEN version , named " Original Sport ".

I don't think it's similar to the " Ice Sport". I couldn't find a pic of the Original Sport on the Internet, so It might be a new product.

I sniffed both the original Blue and the Green one, and I prefer the Green ; not that the Blue smells bad, but it's a little " GranPa".
The Green one is more modern, very citrusy, fresh.:001_tt1:

I bought it for on sale for 2.99 $ Cad.

As I have dry skin, I wanted to try a cheap alcoholic splash that has some glycerin. Plus, it's very humid here in Montreal during summer (thanks to the St-Laurent river.)

How I used it : I tried the Traderjoe's method (to avoid the drying effect) ; I applied it on a wet face (cold water, shaven area only) ; wow, refreshing, super cooling:w00t: .
It didn 't leave my face dried out (due to the heavy weather + TJ's method + added glycerine) ; however, once my face was matte, I followed with an alcohol-free balm, just to be safe.

Ok, stop reading, go buy some !!!!!

DISCUSS HERE
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)