What's new

Aqua Velva Ice Balm

This stuff rules. Not greasy like other balms. Smooths right in, leaves my face nice and soft. I don't get really bad razor burn, but sometimes my neck is irritated, this stuff makes it go away quick. I love the scent too. Reminds me of Clubman by Truefitt and Hill. Sort of oceanic and sporty at the same time. The scent is pretty strong, don't even really need a separate EDT with this one. Goes on nice after AV Ice Blue too. Grab some while you can, I hear it's going the way of the dinosaurs. Definintely worth having around.

-Mason
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is great & I put it on par with another inexpensive balm from Brut. Both under $5.00:001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I concur. This stuff is great as a stand alone balm or mixes well with aftershaves. Can't beat it.
Great ASB, fantaaaastic cooling sensation :biggrin:
All I can say is Viva Aqua Velva
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I got this in conjunction with a Christmas gift of AV splash from SWMBO. Since I normally use a balm with a splash, I like to have them match, which is why I got this and the traditional AV blue.

I am very impressed with the scent of this product. It is not an exact match with the AV splash, but it is going to be familiar to anybody accustomed to AV blue.

This product would compare to Nivea's ASB in efficacy and moisturizing properties. Good stuff, not greasy, and very cheaply priced.

There is a cooling sensation to this product, although it is not as cooling as the AV blue.

Overall, if you're a person who likes balms, then this stuff is a must try. Cheap as dirt, smells, great, and works like a charm....what's not to like?:biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Note: this is not the AV Ice Blue Conditioning A-S (which comes in a similar bottle, and has alcohol)

Price: same as other drugstore alcohol-free balms.

Scent: love the scent, very fresh and citrusy; this balm has its own scent, different from the other AV splashes. :thumbup:

Moisturizing: in my opinion, it is one of the 2 most moisturizing balms among drugstore offerings (the other one being RSC Balm).
It leaves my skin nice and healthy, thanks to the Castor Oil, Shea Butter, and Marine Extracts.:thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Soothing: really soothing, even if it does not have the usual soothing ingredients (chamomille, allantoin, witch hazel, etc.)

Cooling: not as cooling as the splashes, because there is no menthol, but still very refreshing.

Ok, go buy some now !

DISCUSS HERE
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)