Items by OldSchoolYoungin

I entered this in "consumables" because, technically, it can be used up. Don't look forward to that any time in your lifetime, though. Price - 3oz for right around $5. You may need to do a bit of digging at your local cobbler or, a foreign concept to most of you (/sarcasm), order it online. At that price point, it's no more expensive than mass-market Kiwi. Quality - Recommended to me by some older Army buddies of mine, this polish wax was standard military issue back when they wore...
OldSchoolYoungin
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Here's a thread I started to introduce American Gent to B&B: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=170739 No, Charles doesn't have me on the payroll! The description on the QED site of this new scent was a bit vague, so I decided to send him an e-mail for a little more depth... "I don't want to go into a lot of specifics about the scent other than to say I tried to create something I felt would have appealed to men who lived during an era which, for me, represents the...
OldSchoolYoungin
2.67 star(s) 3 ratings
Views
Reviews
Dug this one out from the back of the shave den and boy am I glad I did; it's officially now on my short list of favorites. Listen up, haters of Clubman: this stuff is your answer if you're not exactly keen on the intensity of regular Clubman, but still love that barbershop smell. Alas, sorry to you lovers of musk, there's really no significant musk note in this one as the name would imply. Don't let that discourage you, though. Price - Atlanta Barber Supply sells 6oz for a little...
Aside from Ivy Club Spice, Barbasol Pacific Rush and Skin Bracer aftershaves, this may be the next best reason to check out your local dollar store. Price - Easy 10. I get this stuff for a dollar a bar and have never seen it higher than $1.25 for a 4.25oz bar. Quality - A+. It is atleast as good as some soaps I've tried that were 5-8x the price. Very, very solid product. Latherability - No issues here; tons of tallowy awesomesauce. You can use very little product to do the job, but...
Holy Cow! I know there a ton of sandalwood lovers on this board, me being one of them. Admittedly, I was a bit apprehensive about such an inexpensive product being so damned good. I'd heard glowing reviews about this stuff, but decided I had to try it myself. It can often be found on eBay for the paltry sum of around $10 (including shipping). As for quality, I can honestly say I was taken aback. It's advertised as an incense oil, but don't let that fool you. It comes with a dropper...
I went to Dollar General a few days ago in search of Ivy Club Spice. Of course, this store didn't have it. I came across this thread beforehand http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1551900#post1551900 and recognized the Swan Arctic Blue, so decided to check it out. Price - $2.25 for 5oz. You really can't argue with that. Quality - All around, I'd have to say that's definitely acceptable. It's nothing top-shelf, but it's not supposed to be. Fights razor burn - I don't get...
Let me first say that I was given a sample of this from a generous B&B member :smile:. There was maybe a 1/4" left in the bottom of the sample vial, but that very small amount lasted my seven wearings. That should give you an idea as to how potent this stuff is. Price - I judged price based on a variety of things; longevity, sillage, quality, exclusivity and the fragrance itself. Still, 1.7oz of this will run you $180, so however you'd like to view it it's still a very pricey scent...
I'm surprised this one hasn't been reviewed yet, but I know there are a bunch of you Grey Flannel fans out there :tongue_sm I'll admit, I hadn't worn it very often until just recently. When I was about 13 or 14 (ten years ago), a tiny bottle came along in a stocking stuffer along with Cool Water, Halston Z-14 and Nautica I believe. That miniature had only been used a few times, so I decided to give it a fair go and I'm glad I did. I think my bottle has aged a little, I sniffed a new...
This is perhaps one of the most inexpensive quality fragrances you'll find. This stuff is discontinued, but it's readily available at many online purveyors for between $15 and $20 for a 3.3oz atomizer bottle. I see it as love it or hate it, it goes on VERY strong with a huge burst of lavender and heavy, heady herbal notes. It doesn't calm down for quite some time so modest application is advised and the drydown is worth the wait. After a while, you're left with a (still heady) dry...
This scent will always hold a soft place in my heart as it was my first fragrance and my father wore it as well. To this day, I still love the scent. Everyone knows someone that used to wear too much Polo, but used in moderation it's quite nice and lasts forever. Price is not bad, and I've always loved the simplistic and classy packaging. Alas, I can't find mine OR my father's bottle to wear. I miss this stuff, and will most likely pick up another bottle here before cool weather...
I apologize in advance for not having any pics of this brush. If I had a digicam, you guys would've gotten a full run-down of the lathering fun I had upon receiving it. These are the new brushes that Charles has had in the making for about two years now. They are finally available to the public, and are available at very low prices in a variety of hair grades (Pure, Best and Silvertip), knot sizes (20mm, 22mm and 24mm). This review is for the 24mm brush, which the stock photo shows for...
Bewildering that there are no reviews of this classic! This is the review for Old Spice by Shulton, not P&G. Not everyone agrees, but the older stuff is noticeably different to my nose. Perhaps because it has been sitting and has therefore "aged", I don't know for sure. I am prompted to write this review as my father wore Old Spice as his daily, and for a while now I've been doing the same and love it more with each passing wear. I was digging through some of my father's stuff today...
This is definitely a classic, formulated in 1876 this stuff is actually older than Blenheim Bouquet. I might add, a little more complex as well. Wellington opens with a vibrant Lemon and Neroli note, a woodsy (Rosemary) and peppery note faintly in the background at this point. The topnotes don't disappear too soon, thankfully, so I get to enjoy the citrus and neroli opening much longer than I would with most fragrances. There is, however, not as much of a soapy drydown with this one as...
Let me start off by saying that if you don't care for "old man" scents, this is not for you :lol:. This fragrance was introduced in 1780 and it smells that old. Nonetheless, this is a must try for any that are looking for a leather scent. This fragrance is rather simple, yet very effectively done. It is somewhat linear, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're into spicy, clean leather, which is what you're going to get throughout the opening and drydown of this oddly attractive...
For the life of me, I can not figure out why this product gets no discussion. I just received it today, and the first thing that I should point out is the incredible scent of this stuff! I've only had it a day and both my girlfriend AND sister have tried to steal it when she came over! The scent is indisputably rose, and may very well be my favorite rose-scented cream as it now stands. I gave it an easy 10, this is one of the best rose scented products I've ever smelled. I have heard...
Yep, I know it's the stock photo of QED Sandalwood. I just had to share my experience with the latest (possibly greatest?) acquisition from Charles. I was a bit weary after hearing many complain of skin irritations, but I decided if I didn't like it I could just pawn it off. I don't believe I'll be doing that! Price is simply put - worth it. $12.00 is certainly not a bad asking price for such a great shaver. Quality? What can I say? This stuff produces lather that is as good or...
This is the only Salter's cream that I see hasn't been reviewed yet, can't believe this one's been ignored. This is perhaps up there with my favorite Taylor's Rose cream, truly a top notch product at a (IMO) reasonable price. First let me say that the scent is a little unique compared to other Rose shave creams. This one has a woodier note, and is somewhat drier to my nose. Very, very nice, especially when lathered on the face. Wonderful rose scent. Latherability and general efficacy...
This is the only Floris fragrance I've bought in a full sized bottle if I can't find the Sandalwood, it's that good. This scent is for vetiver lovers ONLY! I'd imagine it's truly a love it or hate it. For those who love it as I do, we adore it. Extremely rich, earthy and dry. Vetiver. Nothing more, nothing less. Magnificently done. I gave a ten for price. 3.4oz for $70. Quite frankly, worth every penny. It's a true pleasure to own, enjoy and experience. Packaging is simple and...
Top Bottom