What's new

Nandita Sandal (Sandalwood) Oil

Item Description

Holy Cow!

I know there a ton of sandalwood lovers on this board, me being one of them.

Admittedly, I was a bit apprehensive about such an inexpensive product being so damned good. I'd heard glowing reviews about this stuff, but decided I had to try it myself. It can often be found on eBay for the paltry sum of around $10 (including shipping).

As for quality, I can honestly say I was taken aback. It's advertised as an incense oil, but don't let that fool you. It comes with a dropper as well as roll-on applicator, and can be used on your skin as well as in your oil burner. Quality is top-notch all the way around.

Let's get down to the scent: pure sandalwood, nothing more, nothing less. It's very much a single note, which is what I was after. I can honestly say it's come as close as any when it comes to replicating the scent of authentic Santalum album. Nandita has done a terrific job with this stuff; an outstanding interpretation of the real thing.

Staying power is phenomenal; all day and night. This isn't for the guys that want to smell good for a couple hours but tire of a fragrance after lunchtime. This baby is in it for the long-haul.

I am duly impressed. Not only does it go on great as a fragrance by itself, but in my experience, it can also be used to make aftershave balms and any other sort of toiletry you can imagine. Using just a few drops is enough; it's strong. Using it in this manner hasn't irritated my skin so far.

Buy it! If you're not satisfied, you're only out $8-10.

Latest reviews

This is a good one, definitely worth risking $8 if you love sandalwood (I got it after Kevan recommended.)

For those who like it, Body Shop's Woody Sandalwood oil is a nice alternative.
I've been telling people about this stuff on B&B for months. Nice to see someone else loves it too. :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Holy Cow!

I know there a ton of sandalwood lovers on this board, me being one of them.

Admittedly, I was a bit apprehensive about such an inexpensive product being so damned good. I'd heard glowing reviews about this stuff, but decided I had to try it myself. It can often be found on eBay for the paltry sum of around $10 (including shipping).

As for quality, I can honestly say I was taken aback. It's advertised as an incense oil, but don't let that fool you. It comes with a dropper as well as roll-on applicator, and can be used on your skin as well as in your oil burner. Quality is top-notch all the way around.

Let's get down to the scent: pure sandalwood, nothing more, nothing less. It's very much a single note, which is what I was after. I can honestly say it's come as close as any when it comes to replicating the scent of authentic Santalum album. Nandita has done a terrific job with this stuff; an outstanding interpretation of the real thing.

Staying power is phenomenal; all day and night. This isn't for the guys that want to smell good for a couple hours but tire of a fragrance after lunchtime. This baby is in it for the long-haul.

I am duly impressed. Not only does it go on great as a fragrance by itself, but in my experience, it can also be used to make aftershave balms and any other sort of toiletry you can imagine. Using just a few drops is enough; it's strong. Using it in this manner hasn't irritated my skin so far.

Buy it! If you're not satisfied, you're only out $8-10.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
OldSchoolYoungin
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from OldSchoolYoungin

Top Bottom