What's new

Geo F. Trumper Wellington Cologne

Item Description

This is definitely a classic, formulated in 1876 this stuff is actually older than Blenheim Bouquet. I might add, a little more complex as well.

Wellington opens with a vibrant Lemon and Neroli note, a woodsy (Rosemary) and peppery note faintly in the background at this point. The topnotes don't disappear too soon, thankfully, so I get to enjoy the citrus and neroli opening much longer than I would with most fragrances.

There is, however, not as much of a soapy drydown with this one as there is with Blenheim. The rosemary and pepper push themselves through, staying somewhat subtle and close to the skin but at the same time they hold their ground. I can still even detect some citrus in the drydown, fairly impressive.

Alas, like many other Trumper's scents, this one could last a little longer. It's certainly no Sandalwood. The sillage could be a little better, but it may not be a bad thing because I'm not sure that someone with an untrained nose would appreciate it very much anyway :lol:.

I have to give this one a :thumbup1:, and is certainly worth a sample, particularly if you enjoy Blenheim. Not quite as pricey, either, not that Trumper's fragrances are really cheap.

I'll be wearing it some this summer, or any time I don't want women bothering me :lol:.

Discussion thread:Here

Latest reviews

This is definitely a classic, formulated in 1876 this stuff is actually older than Blenheim Bouquet. I might add, a little more complex as well.

Wellington opens with a vibrant Lemon and Neroli note, a woodsy (Rosemary) and peppery note faintly in the background at this point. The topnotes don't disappear too soon, thankfully, so I get to enjoy the citrus and neroli opening much longer than I would with most fragrances.

There is, however, not as much of a soapy drydown with this one as there is with Blenheim. The rosemary and pepper push themselves through, staying somewhat subtle and close to the skin but at the same time they hold their ground. I can still even detect some citrus in the drydown, fairly impressive.

Alas, like many other Trumper's scents, this one could last a little longer. It's certainly no Sandalwood. The sillage could be a little better, but it may not be a bad thing because I'm not sure that someone with an untrained nose would appreciate it very much anyway :lol:.

I have to give this one a :thumbup1:, and is certainly worth a sample, particularly if you enjoy Blenheim. Not quite as pricey, either, not that Trumper's fragrances are really cheap.

I'll be wearing it some this summer, or any time I don't want women bothering me :lol:.

Discussion thread:Here
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
OldSchoolYoungin
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from OldSchoolYoungin

Top Bottom