What's new

Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose Shaving Cream

I really like this cream. I'm not going to nit pick on the cost or packaging, both are fine. This does everything I expect of a quality shaving product. I like the scent, lather and the quality of shaves I get with this cream. I need no extra moisturizing after the shave, just rinse with cold water and pat dry.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The Scent is not exactly as a fresh rose petal, but is a rose scent. The cream is made with parabens, that's the reason for the 6 in quality. Other brands didn't use parabens among their ingredients, but Salter's cream uses natural ingredients if possible (as you can read in the tube)....:confused:
When shaving it's a great cream that produces easily and quickly the lather needed. The Cyril R. Salter SC provides a comfortable shave, if the parabens will dissapear from the formula I would reccommend it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I'm completely sold on the Salter's creams - the towering blue tub may not have the press of Taylor's, Truefitt and Trumpers, but this is a superb cream for a reasonable price.

Latherability and efficacy were spectacular. This is an easy-lathering cream that needs a fair amount of water, but a small dollop builds enough lather for five or so passes (not that I generally do that many). On my test run with this cream I used a Merkur slant with a six day old Israeli Personna blade. The lather was so slick and cushioning that it really didn't feel like I was cutting anything. Performance was exactly like Salter's French Vetiver, the other Salter's cream I've tried, though the vetiver created just the faintest medicinal tingling feeling, and this rose cream does not.

Scent was very pleasant - a soapy rose scent in the container that releases some surprising fresh medicinal notes in the bowl. Not by any means a strong scent, nor did it linger, but a very lovely fragrance nonetheless.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is the only Salter's cream that I see hasn't been reviewed yet, can't believe this one's been ignored. This is perhaps up there with my favorite Taylor's Rose cream, truly a top notch product at a (IMO) reasonable price.

First let me say that the scent is a little unique compared to other Rose shave creams. This one has a woodier note, and is somewhat drier to my nose. Very, very nice, especially when lathered on the face. Wonderful rose scent.

Latherability and general efficacy are outstanding. This cream performs with the best of them. I get a superb rich, thick lather that makes shaving with it a true pleasure. Very protecting and fairly moisturizing, as well. I love the way my face feels after using this cream, I hardly need to use aftershave.

This one's a winner in all categories. I don't understand why this cream hardly gets any press. A must have for any rose fanatic!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)