What's new

Speakeasy RIP

decent but a bit boring in the end...
BH.jpg

I'll just pop in, and pop out, not being much of a drinker anymore, but I thought this might amuse some of you...

Sometimes I look around the forums, for fun, even in areas I'd not be interested in. For example, I've read a few straight razor threads, even though I'm a DE shaver. So... I saw this thread name, and my first thought was... omg, they are closing down "The Speakeasy", what in the world could the Speakeasy people ever have done to be shut down? I knew that somewhere in the past that 'The Clown House' was threatened with closure because of trolls, but that was an understandable thing. Curiousity aroused, I came over to see what possible transgression had happened, and laughed happily that I was a silly person, and that the obvious answer was there, and actually a very good title for the topic. Of course the thread has been around forever, but not being a Speakeasy habitué, I had no idea.

Once upon a time, I might have something to contribute, but alas, medication contradictions means I might have a glass of wine with a fancy meal, or one beer at a picnic, and not more. I have one bottle of wine to go with a nice meal at some point in time, a tiny bottle of champagne that was supposed to toast my move with the housemates two years ago, but we keep forgetting about it, and the last of my very small bottle of summertime gin for gin and tonics (Tanqueray) was finished off last summer. Seeing some of the bottles did give me a hankering. Seeing all those Scotch Whisky bottles gave me a bit of a longing for 12 year old Chivas Regal, though that was more of a wintertime thing.

Cheers, and happy that my fears were misbegotten.

Polished off this bottle of Jameson tonight. Probably the fastest I've been through a bottle of this size lol. It is most definitely "weaker" than my usual stuff. It is super easy to drink and has decent flavors for a cheap whiskey. Its reputation is well deserved. I'm excited to try some other irish whiskeys out.

20220707_214624.jpg

Top Bottom