What's new

Speakeasy RIP

Amador Double Barrel

Here's a little blurb from their website.

• Sourced from the pedigreed Willett family distillery in Bardstown, KY
• Mashbill consists of 72% corn, 13% rye, 15% barley
• Aged in new charred American Oak barrels for 3 years
• Finished in Napa Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon barrels for 9 to 12 months
• Bottled at 90 proof

I found it to be "meh." It wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. The finish from the Cab barrels really came through which wasn't a good thing for me. I like Willett's Bourbon and I like Cabernet Sauvignon but apparently I don't love them together. I had an older bottle back when they said they sourced their bourbon from a "pedigreed craft distillery" in Bardstown, KY so I may not have had Willett juice in mine.
I find bourbon finished in cab barrels the same way. They make for great Manhattan's though 😊👍

I like this stuff

Attachments

• 1646954021793.jpeg
    1646954021793.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 7
I'm not a photographer, so no pics. I went through a bottle of George Dickell 12 a week for three weeks. Been a stressful time so not much forum activity. Working on a handle now. I am usually a one in one out guy. I think my next bottle will be either Jameson or Dewar's. Depends which the better deal is, and/or, if I'm in the mood for Jameson or not. I didn't enjoy Redbreast 12 as much as I remembered. My tastes have changed. Many things I used to love have been disappointing. Both whiskey and beer.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm not a photographer, so no pics. I went through a bottle of George Dickell 12 a week for three weeks. Been a stressful time so not much forum activity. Working on a handle now. I am usually a one in one out guy. I think my next bottle will be either Jameson or Dewar's. Depends which the better deal is, and/or, if I'm in the mood for Jameson or not. I didn't enjoy Redbreast 12 as much as I remembered. My tastes have changed. Many things I used to love have been disappointing. Both whiskey and beer.
None of my business, and it didn't effect me like this, but did you have COVID? A great friend, and a great coffee drinker doesn't enjoy coffee at all anymore, which is shocking, as he drank it like an addict, ha. Thanks be to all that is Holy he still enjoys a nice German Bier from time to time!

None of my business, and it didn't effect me like this, but did you have COVID? A great friend, and a great coffee drinker doesn't enjoy coffee at all anymore, which is shocking, as he drank it like an addict, ha. Thanks be to all that is Holy he still enjoys a nice German Bier from time to time!
I first noticed it in 2019. I had gone a year without a drink, and, all of my favorites were no longer my favorite. I also haven't had COVID. I'm not sure if anything caused the change, and, I surely have no idea what could have.

FarmerTan

I first noticed it in 2019. I had gone a year without a drink, and, all of my favorites were no longer my favorite. I also haven't had COVID. I'm not sure if anything caused the change, and, I surely have no idea what could have.
Did you also quit smoking? My taste buds were awakened when I quit smoking... But I sure miss my pipe!

I quit smoking in 2012 and quit nicotine altogether in 2015, so I don’t guess it was that. I guess it is just one of those things.

FarmerTan

I quit smoking in 2012 and quit nicotine altogether in 2015, so I don’t guess it was that. I guess it is just one of those things.
Well at least it looks like you have a great cat. I've got two, one only catches flies and bugs and the other one is starting to slow down. He still hunts all the time he's outside, but he'd rather sleep on my bed all day!

Top Bottom